Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't hear much clamoring for Lucian Butes home fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't hear much clamoring for Lucian Butes home fights.

People complain about his opposition and rightfully so but why doesn't he get the same treatment as Andre Ward. People constantly discredit Andre Ward on this site for home fights when Lucian Bute hasn't fought outside of Montreal(excluding today, taking a home fight in his native country). At least Ward is fighting top competition.

A lot of Europeans on this site seem to think Lucian Bute is a top fighter and some even think he is the number 1 fighter(why I have no idea) in the division so why the double standard? Why aren't top fighters held to the same standards as other top fighters? I know why but it's pretty obvious what the answer is.

andre ward is from california
    bute is from romania
    montreal is in canada
    canada is not romania

Comment

Lucian Bute drew a crowd of nearly 20,000 in Montreal for his fight with Bika and every one of his fights afterwards.

Andre Ward drew less than 4000 for his fight with Bika.

Do you understand what I'm saying?

Today was only Bute's second fight in his native country of Romania! Ward has had all his fights against decent opponents in his home state of California.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Lucian Bute drew a crowd of nearly 20,000 in Montreal for his fight with Bika and every one of his fights afterwards.

that ur biased and u have no argument. infact that works against ur argument. figure out why.

Comment

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
          bute is from romania
          montreal is in canada
          canada is not romania
          Bute lives in Canada and his home right now is Canada. It be like saying Floyd Mayweather is from Grand Rapids, MI but always fights in Vegas or Nonito Donaire is from the Phil.

Comment

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
            bute is from romania
            montreal is in canada
            canada is not romania
            ummm...hes fights outta montreal. are u trying to be serious here? not to mention the mendy fight was in romania anyways.

Comment

yeah, I think its just because Canada is the biggest hotspot in boxing right now and they always get big crowds. However, some guys do get too much credit for fighting at home all the time

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Today was only Bute's second fight in his native country of Romania! Ward has had all his fights against decent opponents in his home state of California.
                I would count both Montreal and Romania as home fights for Bute. It be like saying Adamek in Jersey or Poland, both home fights. I understand that money can be made there but there is more to the sport than making money. We must hold each fighter to the same standards, no matter drawing power.

Comment

Bute isn't as high profile as Ward, so it doesn't really matter where he beats the cans he's been facing

If he was in the Super 6 and ALL his fights been in either Montreal or Bucharest then I think people would make more noise about it

People like to moan about Ward fighting in Oakland all the time but I see it as smart managing from Goosen

Comment

It's cuz Lucian Bute is white. Is that the answer you wanted to hear?

Actually I've heard ppl complain about him fighting at home all the time. They think Andrade got cheated because of it.
                    Last edited by uoykcuf; 07-09-2011, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X