Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain Man

My Rating: 6.7

This is a pretty solid film from the 80's, and a very memorable one at that. Finally got a chance to watch it the other day, and although I was expecting a bit more, it was quite an enjoyable film. Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman both turn in tremendous performances, and I think really carry the movie. Fun movie.

Comment

• There Will be Blood

My Rating: 9.0

First off, don't expect much blood. Expect amazing acting, incredible cinematography, and one hell of a tale about greed, money, different sides of good and evil, and oil. Daniel Day Lewis gives one of the best acting performances I have ever seen, he completely immerses himself into this role. And when has Paul Thomas Anderson not made a classic? Everything the guy has ever touched is outstanding, arguably the best director working today. I'm a big sucker for any film about American life in the late 1800's/early 1900's so this was a real treat. Love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by _original_ View Post

Rain Man

My Rating: 6.7

This is a pretty solid film from the 80's, and a very memorable one at that. Finally got a chance to watch it the other day, and although I was expecting a bit more, it was quite an enjoyable film. Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman both turn in tremendous performances, and I think really carry the movie. Fun movie.
        I thought it was great movie
        more like a 8.5 IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
          I thought it was great movie
          more like a 8.5 IMO
          You know, maybe it's because I saw it late at night and had to watch it in two segments (something I try to avoid). I think it definitely calls for a re-watch when I'm more alert and I can absorb the movie in it's entirety. I'm almost certain my rating will change for the better.

Comment

• I finally watched The*Dark Knight Rises

My rating: 8.0

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
              I finally watched The*Dark Knight Rises

My rating: 8.0

catwoman is a joke in this movie...

Comment

• Originally posted by User's Name View Post
                I thought their portrayal of Selina Kyle was fantastic and true to form.

Comment

• Originally posted by User's Name View Post
                  Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  I thought their portrayal of Selina Kyle was fantastic and true to form.
                  besides the fact that for some weird reason I think Anne Hathaway is deliciously tasty I think she played a pretty good cat woman better than the ones before IMO

edited:
                  I forgot all about Michelle Pfeiffer she was a bad ass as catwoman
                  Last edited by -jose-; 02-10-2013, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Zero Dark Thirty - 8.25/10

Very good film. Slower in moments, builds up a nice ending with the raid. Bigelow is hands down making the best "War" films lately. Hurt Locker and Zero Dark Thirty were very good. The torture scenes seemed very realistic, and were done so with the perfection, but it will be controversial as we all know.

Overall, very good. I preferred Jeremy Renner in The Hurt Locker as the lead, rather than Jessica Chastain in Zero Dark Thirty, though she was solid too.

Overall, very good film.

Comment

• Just finished watching Life of Pi. I had no idea this movie was as good as it is...my pick for movie of the year hands down.

Comment

Working...
                      X