No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: I Want Rigondeaux To Be More Fan-Friendly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: I Want Rigondeaux To Be More Fan-Friendly

Bob Arum of Top Rank has been outspoken about the repercussions of Guillermo Rigondeaux’s decision win over Nonito Donaire this past April. While the win established Rigondeaux as the champion at 122 pounds, the manner in which he boxed his way to victory didn’t bring a level of marketability befitting his accomplishments.

After an extended period in which Rigondeaux didn’t have a return date on television, he’s at last set to appear on HBO on Dec. 7 in a bout against Joseph “King Kong” Agbeko.

“I think Rigondeaux deserves to be back on television. I just hope he fights a more fan-friendly fight in his next fight,” Arum said on Oct. 18 at the weigh-in for Mike Alvarado vs. Ruslan Provodnikov. [Click Here To Read More]

rigondeaux is number 1 in 122 ,the best after floyd maytheather

Comment

Rigo whopped Donaire and now he needs to be more "fan friendly". This is BS from Arum. Funny how they changed their tune after the Donaire fight. Now all of a sudden he's boring and so called "boxing fans" are believing him. Say what you want about Arum but he is the master of spinning narratives to fit his agenda. He should have been a politician.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrarijones View Post
        Rigo whopped Donaire and now he needs to be more "fan friendly". This is BS from Arum. Funny how they changed their tune after the Donaire fight. Now all of a sudden he's boring and so called "boxing fans" are believing him. Say what you want about Arum but he is the master of spinning narratives to fit his agenda. He should have been a politician.
        Well yes, he whooped Donaire. Doesn't mean it's a fan friendly spectacle. You may have liked it, but judging from the booing crowd, I guess you may not represent what Arum is talking about here.

As for the bolded, it genuinely bores me when I see this phrase now. It's such a bland, over-used statement here on NSB. You're just as much a fan as nearly everyone else on this board, get over it

Comment

God forbid two counter punchers under the Top Rank banner collide again, the stigma that quickly gets attached to fighters.

Comment

in other words-don't use your vast skill set to win; fight in a way that makes it easier for TR's more lucrative fighters like nonito and lomanchenko to beat you.

Great!

Comment

Originally posted by reyes066 View Post
              rigondeaux is number 1 in 122 ,the best after floyd maytheather
              I think his skill set is up there with Floyd's but a little more offensive, while Floyd more defensive.

Comment

Absolute bull**** from the business man. Rigo vs Donaire was appreciated by those who know boxing and the rest.. well, I guess I couldn´t care less what they think. Of course you have to be an elite fighter to fight defense first and still be entertaining, but that´s exactly what Rigondeaux is.

Comment

Rigo should go to golden boy

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                    Well yes, he whooped Donaire. Doesn't mean it's a fan friendly spectacle. You may have liked it, but judging from the booing crowd, I guess you may not represent what Arum is talking about here.

As for the bolded, it genuinely bores me when I see this phrase now. It's such a bland, over-used statement here on NSB. You're just as much a fan as nearly everyone else on this board, get over it
                    People weren't booing Rigo. They were booing Donaire.

Comment

Working...
                    X