Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Riddick Bowe?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    you are talking garbage... i was at the Lewis v Ruddock fight and it was clear to me that Ruddock was "Damaged Goods" after having his jaw & cheekbone smashed by Mike Tyson... Bowe beat a peak Holyfield whereas Lewis managed a draw with old Holyfield and Evander was Robbed in their rematch...yet which ever way you look at it there is no chance that Rahman or McCall would poleaxed Riddick Bowe, in fact i would strongly tip Bowe to take care of those two the same way he took care of Dokes and Ferguson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0eins2DhSo
    Look at my post. When it comes to fights, I've stated facts. Look at your post...

You talk about Lewis 'only managing a draw against old Holyfield'. Everyone acknowledges that Lewis dominated the first fight (he landed TWICE as many punches!) and won the second fight also. Virtually everyone acknowledges that.

Lewis dominated Bowe in 88 and Bowe refused to fight him in 92. Those are the undisputable facts.

Comment

Originally posted by GRANDSLAM View Post
      Bowe was **** scared of Lewis after Lewis spanked him in the Olympics. I think a Prime Lewis is post Holyfield as that was when he was most sure of himself. Bowe was never sure of himself hence why he'd spend more time in the fridge than in the Gym. Lewis by early stoppage
      Agreed. Bowe was a disgrace to the sport really. He ducked everyone, let himself go...struggled severely in both fights against Golota, then retired at around 30. He beat Holyfield 2-1? Wow. Big deal! Holyfield is over-rated as a heavyweight.

Bowe was rarely tested against big punchers. We don't really know how good Bowe's chin was, because he never faced ANYWHERE NEAR as many big punchers as Lennox Lewis, who went in there against Ruddock, McCall, Mercer, David Tua, Klitschko, Rahman, Tyson, Bruno, Grant, Morrison...you name it. Lewis faced all the big punchers of his time. Lewis, who was a lot quicker back then, would have danced around and battered fatty Bowe easier than he battered the fitter, faster version of Bowe in 88. Bowe never faced a big man anywhere NEAR Lewis's class.

Comment

Originally posted by Shazam! View Post
        Look at my post. When it comes to fights, I've stated facts. Look at your post...

You talk about Lewis 'only managing a draw against old Holyfield'. Everyone acknowledges that Lewis dominated the first fight (he landed TWICE as many punches!) and won the second fight also. Virtually everyone acknowledges that.

Lewis dominated Bowe in 88 and Bowe refused to fight him in 92. Those are the undisputable facts.
        where are your Facts?

Those are your own small minded opinions... Lewis was unfortunate to only get a draw in his first fight with Holyfield although Holyfield claims he won as many rounds as Lewis did.. yet in their rematch 42 of 48 ringside reporters had Holyfield the clear winner... here is a link.

http://www.boxing-monthly.co.uk/content/9912/one.htm

i suggest that you stop claiming that what you think is "FACT" because i find everything which you have claimed so far on this topic as "Garbage"... you obviously have never seen the Olympic final because if you had done then you would not be making ridiculous claims like "Lewis dominated Bowe" and claiming it to be Fact... here is a link to that Olympic final, i suggest you sit back and watch it as you will see that you are talking through your arse, the truth is that Bowe dominated Lewis and that the referee was corrupt and intent on Bowe not winning.
        here is your link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K39AbwNl3QU

Comment

Can I have some of that crack you're smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by Shazam! View Post
            Can I have some of that crack you're smoking?
            sure sign that youv`e been owned

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
              where are your Facts?

Those are your own small minded opinions... Lewis was unfortunate to only get a draw in his first fight with Holyfield although Holyfield claims he won as many rounds as Lewis did.. yet in their rematch 42 of 48 ringside reporters had Holyfield the clear winner... here is a link.
              Lewis won his first fight with Holyfield by virtual shut out everyone knows that, its been a long time since Ive seen their remtch so I cant comment on it.

Comment

Originally posted by FistoftheDallasStar View Post
                Even though Bowe's prime was shorter than Lewis, during that time span he was great. Riddick could have beaten Lewis in his prime.
                That's how I see it. I rate LL much higher overall, but RB who beat Holyfield the first time was a machine. For a big guy, beautiful inside game. Nice chin, good power.

I can see him beating LL by KO.

Comment

Working...
                X