No announcement yet.

Most negative styles in boxing today

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
    Wladimir Klitschko - Jab and grab. Blatantly cheats in every fight, illegally holding to stop any offence from his opponents. Dirtiest and the most boring fighter in the sport, maybe even ever.
    You are a very sad man... Keep repeating maybe you'll start to believe in it one day.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Here you go.....in detail.

This is how MOST of his fights go for most of the time. He has his moments of excitement, but they are few and far between.
      You took the two most boring Wlad's fights (due to opponents more than Wlad). Last week I rewatched Thompson I and Merecer and I enjoyed it

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
        You took the two most boring Wlad's fights (due to opponents more than Wlad). Last week I rewatched Thompson I and Merecer and I enjoyed it
        Go back and read the thread before judging my post. OP said Wlad goes for knockouts, especially when he feels threatened. This is not true. Wlad employs a basic and boring strategy of boxing behind the jab with an occasional right for most of the fight with a lot of clinching. You enjoyed the Mercer and Thompson fights huh? Mercer was before Sanders. In other words before Wlad became gun shy. I won't bother explaing what a shell he was at the time.

Comment

Wlad Klitschko
          Devon Alexander
          Bernard Hopkins
          Miguel Vazquez

Comment

Wow , I've seen some terrible and baseless topics on here but this is by far the worst. To call the mayweathers, wards of the world boring is flat out clueless please tell this is a joke thread.there's a reason they're the best ,this is boxing if you can't appreciate master technicians then I can't help you . So just watch your flawed style of Brandon Rios boxing to make you happy , this is a sport not a slugfest.

Comment

Go back and read the thread before judging my post. OP said Wlad goes for knockouts, especially when he feels threatened. This is not true. Wlad employs a basic and boring strategy of boxing behind the jab with an occasional right for most of the fight with a lot of clinching. You enjoyed the Mercer and Thompson fights huh? Mercer was before Sanders. In other words before Wlad became gun shy. I won't bother explaing what a shell he was at the time.
              I mentioned two fights I recently watched and Thompson was after Sanders.

Wald doesn't fight 'just behind his jab'. He has a very impressive, massively underrated, left hook. And that right straight that kills instantaneously.

You are basing your opinion too much on Haye's fight. I don't see too much clinching at all. For example Lennox used to clinch just as much if not more. It seems to me you didn't watch many Wlad's fights.

Comment

I mentioned two fights I recently watched and Thompson was after Sanders.

Wald doesn't fight 'just behind his jab'. He has a very impressive, massively underrated, left hook. And that right straight that kills instantaneously.

You are basing your opinion too much on Haye's fight. I don't see too much clinching at all. For example Lennox used to clinch just as much if not more. It seems to me you didn't watch many Wlad's fights.
                Dude, Wlad has all the tools he just chooses to leave them in the tool box rather than using them. Sure he throws the left on occasion. But lets not pretend he uses everything he has. He boxes precisely as I described more times than not. He rarely goes to the body and has NO inside game. Face it, the guy has been playing it safe since his last 2 ko losses. If you find him exciting than Im happy for you. But I can promise more than not do not find him very exciting. Of course you will blame that on some sort of klitschko hate agenda rather than respecting the opinions of others because you're in the minority.

Oh, and I've seen every Klit fight available so come up with something better than that.

Comment

El bosshog alt or a maniac 310 jack alt.

Try harder troll.

Comment

Dude, Wlad has all the tools he just chooses to leave them in the tool box rather than using them. Sure he throws the left on occasion. But lets not pretend he uses everything he has. He boxes precisely as I described more times than not. He rarely goes to the body and has NO inside game. Face it, the guy has been playing it safe since his last 2 ko losses. If you find him exciting than Im happy for you. But I can promise more than not do not find him very exciting. Of course you will blame that on some sort of klitschko hate agenda rather than respecting the opinions of others because you're in the minority.

Oh, and I've seen every Klit fight available so come up with something better than that.
                    Yes I enjoy majority of Wlad's fights.

I never liked brawling. I like a clean and smart boxing. Wlad systematically breaks down the fighter - I like that. I find it very intelligent how he fights. Boxing is about hitting and avoiding to be hit. People often forget the second one. And if you watched every Wlad's fight as you claim, you'll agree Wlad accommodates his style to different opponents. Remind yourself that Wlad uses his left hook much more often than you think (don't base everything on Haye's fight).

Actually, just reading the comments here, during the Wach's fight, I think majority who criticize Wlad's style never watched many of his fights and was quite surprised.

Comment

Yes I enjoy majority of Wlad's fights.

I never liked brawling. I like a clean and smart boxing. Wlad systematically breaks down the fighter - I like that. I find it very intelligent how he fights. Boxing is about hitting and avoiding to be hit. People often forget the second one. And if you watched every Wlad's fight as you claim, you'll agree Wlad accommodates his style to different opponents. Remind yourself that Wlad uses his left hook much more often than you think (don't base everything on Haye's fight).

Actually, just reading the comments here, during the Wach's fight, I think majority who criticize Wlad's style never watched many of his fights and was quite surprised.
                      I've never once said Wlad wasnt a very intelligent fighter. But to me his style is now boring. Not because he doesn't get hit, but because I know he has the ability to go out and destroy guys if he wasn't so unsure of his chin and electrify the division. I was a huge fan of Wlad on his way up. After his losses he may have fighting smarter, but its certainly not as exciting. His fights from 1999 till 2002 were far more exciting than from 200-2 till now. Wlad use to let his hands go a lot more.

Comment

Working...
                      X