No announcement yet.

Mark "Too Sharp" Johnson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark "Too Sharp" Johnson

Give me thoughts about Mark Johnson.....Is he a very good fighter? He's probably one of the most underappreciated fighters and I don't see a lot of his fights online.

Very underrated but that's because, like Ricardo Lopez, few saw him fight. I thought he would've outboxed Tapia and Romero who were in higher divisions. In fact, he sought those fights but was largely ignored. Smooth southpaw boxer with good power, very slick, good defense--he had it all.

Comment

Excellent fighter and HOFworthy IMO, he beat a prime Montiel when he was pretty faded.

Comment

I do remember him upsetting Montiel. I haven't seen enough of him to get a full impression but I've been curious to see his best fights. I also remember a fantastic KO he did against Arthur Johnson.

Comment

I would love to see some of his fights at his best. I've been searching for videos of his fights but I mostly get his fights with Rafa Marquez. Post some videos if anyone has any, I would really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Very underrated but that's because, like Ricardo Lopez, few saw him fight. I thought he would've outboxed Tapia and Romero who were in higher divisions. In fact, he sought those fights but was largely ignored. Smooth southpaw boxer with good power, very slick, good defense--he had it all.
            I agree with this.

Too Sharp is the most skilled and talented flyweight that I've seen that fought from the 90s to now. I don't know if he'll get into the HOF, but he most certainly had the skills and talent to get in.

Comment

If you're looking for stuff you may not have seen before:

Pretty crap, but hey, what can you do.

Comment

Not sure if he beat a "Prime" Montiel.

I'd say Montiel is prime right about now, so its safe to say that when Johnson beat him he was pretty green.

Nevertheless, Johnson was a damn good scrapper who knew how to defend but unlike some OTHER overly defensive ****'s, knew how to fight as well. I agree with him being a hof'amer which gives you an idea of how good of a bantamweight Rafa was when he bombed Johnson out 2x.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                  Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                  Excellent fighter and HOFworthy IMO, he beat a prime Montiel when he was pretty faded.
                  ^^^^^ This. Both are spot on about Mark "Too Sharp" Johnson.

Comment

That's because many don't really appreciate the smaller men which is a damn shame. He is an ATG and hopefully people will upload more of his fights here.

Comment

Working...
                    X