Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll : Is It Time For Promoters To Wake Up? : Lets Start National Cards?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll : Is It Time For Promoters To Wake Up? : Lets Start National Cards?

Is it time to start cards based on nationality. E.G Australia vs England. England vs America etc etc.

Say 3 major fights.

I would like this to be like the Davis Cup in Tennis.
    Yes. Theres to much money. I would like to see fighters in team environment.
    40.00%
    No. This sport is better based around individuals.
    60.00%

no man its not for me. fans are way too nationalistic as it is, who gives a toss which country someone comes from as long as their good at boxing.

besides what about fighters like kessler in your avatar, there aren't many good fighters in denmark apart from him, how would other champs froom remote countries in the far east ever really get their shot vs the cash cows over here in the UK or in the USA especially.
    ________
    VAPORIZER
    Last edited by hookoutofhell; 03-14-2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
      no man its not for me. fans are way too nationalistic as it is, who gives a toss which country someone comes from as long as their good at boxing.

besides what about fighters like kessler in your avatar, there aren't many good fighters in denmark apart from him, how would other champs froom remote countries in the far east ever really get their shot vs the cash cows over here in the UK or in the USA especially.
      Maybe.

I just think it would be great to see fighters in a team environment.

Comment

An England vs Scotland bill would be pretty easy to put together,

Warren could do it.

Comment

goldenboy already started this worldcup of boxing ...

mexico-thailand
          mexico-philippines

some countries may not have a lot of good fighters but they could at least send some prospects that yet to be discovered...

why soccer is huge worldwide?? because of nationalistic fans!!

IMHO ITS good idea that need to be explored by promoters

Comment

Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
            goldenboy already started this worldcup of boxing ...

mexico-thailand
            mexico-philippines

some countries may not have a lot of good fighters but they could at least send some prospects that yet to be discovered...

why soccer is huge worldwide?? because of nationalistic fans!!

IMHO ITS good idea that need to be explored by promoters
            I agree.

I like the whole UK-USA rivalry even though it's pretty unfair and heavily stacked in their favour. lol

Comment

Originally posted by sparked_85 View Post
              I agree.

I like the whole UK-USA rivalry even though it's pretty unfair and heavily stacked in their favour. lol
              There are fight cards like this, they're just not major fighters. It was "UK vs. The World" being advertised when I was out in Vegas last winter... the biggest name on the card was Bronko McCart though lol

Comment

Nah. That **** could only lead to bigotry and more hostility between fans of different nationalities. No need to literally promote race wars. Even tho that obviously wouldn't be the intent, it would inevitably come to be viewed that way, by fans, the promoters, and the fighters.

Comment

then it would take away the individual achievement of fighters to an extent

i'm of the belief that the person in the ring is fighting for themselves and themselves only, not their country or whatever

although i'm sure it could be very profitable if handled right

Comment

It would be cool to do this over the span of a year or so. 10 round fights. 8 countries. 5 fights per country vs country. That would have each fighter fight 3 times in a year.

Comment

Working...
                    X