Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis stated that Mike Tyson would have never been able to beat him. Agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SOLARflare View Post
    At the tail end of his career Lennox got flattened by Rahman and chased out of boxing by Vitali. Not quite the stuff of dominance.
    Lennox was flattened by McCall and Rahman. Lennox was an older Olympian so it wasn't like if we looked at his age that age might be a factor as to when his skills started to diminish. Lennox's skills started to erode in the Vitali fight and he still beat Vitali's ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      People always look their best when they're KOing frightened bums.
      Lennox would know that best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
        Buster didn't do anything, jail did. That would be like saying Rahman and McCall ended Lewis's prime with "one" punch.

Jail had nothing to do with Tyson's loss. Tyson's rape incident and jail time happened way (1 or 2 years later) after he lost to Buster Douglas.

Douglas just out-classed Tyson that night in every way possible. He did everything right that night.

EDIT: hmmm, I think you wanted to say that his jail time was the reason for Tyson's downfall not the Buster Douglas loss. Perhaps it had something to do with it but to most, it was the Douglas fight. That aura of invincibility was removed. Even Tyson brings up the Douglas fight as the turning point in his career.
        Last edited by ADP02; 07-21-2013, 10:30 PM.

Comment

• I wholeheartedly agree with this:
          Originally posted by SOLARflare View Post
          Tyson sure does have a ton of apologists for why his reign ended so quickly. He had a 3 year and 3 month reign during his prime and it was ended by the putrid Buster Douglas. For this, he has been glorified and given every excuse in the world for his failures. Meanwhile, Wlad has been undefeated for the past 8 years and 3 months of his prime title reign, and everyone and their mother cries that the division stinks because no one can win a round against him.
          Talk about hypocrisy.
          But I find this to be a bit intellectually biaised:
          Originally posted by SOLARflare View Post
          At the tail end of his career Lennox got flattened by Rahman and chased out of boxing by Vitali. Not quite the stuff of dominance.
          Lewis was respectively 36 and 38 years old, and at the end of a fabulous carreer. He had fought only the very best of the division on an undefeated five year streak. Besides, he DID beat a younger, fresher Vitaly! So come on! you want to say things the way they are, you want to be straight on things, fine! You did it on the previous post, keep at it...
          Lennox did not have a good chin. He was even decked by Henry Akinwande. That definitely was his weak spot.

Frank here, is on the money. Lewis was a great champion. Unfortunately, he became really good at a later period in his carreer, after he hooked up with Emmanuel Stewart. Before him, he had lots of raw talent, but just not the appropriate style to make good of it:
          Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
          Lennox was flattened by McCall and Rahman. Lennox was an older Olympian so it wasn't like if we looked at his age that age might be a factor as to when his skills started to diminish. Lennox's skills started to erode in the Vitali fight and he still beat Vitali's ass.

Comment

• bump............

Comment

• I remember watching something involving stories about Tyson, Cus, and eventually Lewis.. Lewis mentioned in the film that "Man, I would hate to stand across from him. He was an animal"

I think it may of been HBO Legendary Fights.

Comment

• Lewis never lost a big fight,,, just stay busy fights where he wasnt motivated,,, in rematches when motivated, he destroyed the guys that beat him.......

Tyson always had trouble with tall jabbers,, even in his prime, taller guys like mitch green and that other dude i cant recall his name, but the first 2 guys that took mike to decision,,,,

I would favor prime lewis over prime tyson,,,,
                Tyson has a punchers chance,,, but i think lewis could weather the storm early, and then beat him down after 5,6 rounds......

i just prefer lewis' jab and uppercut to be very good neutralizers vs mike,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                  Tyson before prison and at his best would've beat Holy and Lennox imo. When Tyson was in shape, he was a fighting machine. Speed, a left hook to the body, and a big right hand.
                  Tyson already got ****ed up in his prime..

Comment

• All i know is that prime tyson would never beat holyfield,,

tyson wins by imposing himself on guys,,, holyfield would never b!t*h out,

they sparred at olympic trials and holy did just fine against him,,,

there was a reason why they didnt fight in 88,89, 90....

Hollyfield had mike's number,,,

i can see tyson beating lewis,, but not holy...

Never,, holy just too tough,, too determined and can box with an iron will,,,,

holy over tyson everytime,,,,

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      All i know is that prime tyson would never beat holyfield,,

tyson wins by imposing himself on guys,,, holyfield would never b!t*h out,

they sparred at olympic trials and holy did just fine against him,,,

there was a reason why they didnt fight in 88,89, 90....

Hollyfield had mike's number,,,

i can see tyson beating lewis,, but not holy...

Never,, holy just too tough,, too determined and can box with an iron will,,,,

holy over tyson everytime,,,,
                      I agree that holyfield at his best beats any version of tyson based on styles but I still feel that a young tyson would have caught lewis at some point and stopped him

Comment

Working...
                      X