• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by witter87 View Post
    i googled the name and its mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMES_THUNDER View Post
      Isn't Sinclair Floyd mayweathers moms last name?
      Originally posted by witter87 View Post
      i googled the name and its mayweather.

Comment

Two replies in this thread proves the old theory that "Common sense ain't so common!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
          Two replies in this thread proves the old theory that "Common sense ain't so common!!!"
          Common sense is an over used term.

Comment

Imagine he would have used Sinclair instead of Mayweather? I think the name Mayweather is a popular name because it is uncommon. According to the white pages, only 1,390 people have that last name in the U.S. That is very low, for an American name in the U.S.

Just to give an example, there's almost 10,000 Americans with the last name Scully, which is also an uncommon last name. There are surnames in the U.S. that 200k-3mill people have.

So 1,390 people with the surname Mayweather...these dudes are like as rare as leprechauns.

Just a theory on ONE of the things that make Floyd so popular, his surname, because it's some what unique. Of course it's not what MADE him famous. Him being from a boxing family, keeping his "0" throughout 15 years fighting top 10 fighters, his attitude/mouth made him popular.

Comment

Working...
            X