No announcement yet.

List fights where people need to stop calling them robberies

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Clottey was up going into the 9th or 10th I believe. Then he just stopped punching

It was close, but it was one of those fights where I wouldn't get mad if people felt Clottey won and I wouldn't get mad if they felt Cotto won.
    Your probably right. I'll have to see that one again. I just remember thinking Clottey won on the cards, but they could justify it enough to give it to Cotto. I didn't feel like "Oh hell no!, they did it again!". I don't like Clottey's shady looking face anyways. LOL.

Comment

Castillo Floyd was a robbery and so was Pacquiao Marquez III....

Comment

Originally posted by Priest Andretti View Post
        I agree on both points. That was an all out battle Martinez took his share of licks in that fight and got dropped. Glancing head shot or not Paul rocked him a few times in that fight and he got rocked himself which made it such a great fight.

I think people were just shocked at how well Martinez did that they refuse to acknowledge that Paul had his fair share of moments in that fight.
        Williams dug it out in the championship rounds for me, he was worth a draw at least. It was a tremendous fight. Both guys were exhausted and showed serious heart down the stretch. One of those fights where both guys enhance their reputation.

Comment

why dont one of you ****s show me the 7 rd's marquez won "clearly"

for that fight to be considered a robbery

Comment

I'm gonna go with Alexander-Mattyhsse.

I scored the fight 5-5 with Mattyhsse winning by 1 point because of the KD. I didn't see the robbery everyone else was talking about. After the knockdown I expected Mattyhsse to dominate the rest of the fight, but I ended up givinng Alexander round 5... and 2 of the last 3 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              A highway robbery that one.
              Whitaker should have won, but some ppl act like it was a totally schooling where Chavez didn't win a round, I remember the fight being competitive and kinda close where Chavez just should have lost his 0.

Comment

hopkins-calzaghe all you losers pretending that hopkins won just need to stop

Comment

Pac Marquez 2, Mayweather Castillo 1, JCCJR Zbik. Close fights are not robberies.

Comment

Sven Ottke's fights with Mitchell & Brewer are still called robberies but were very close fights, & the two I scored for myself I had Ottke winning. Boring fighter but he was very hard to hit cleanly & had good timing. The Reid bout was a robbery, but the referee probably more to blame than the judges.

Sergio Martinez's bout with Kermit Cintron - heard over & over about how big a robbery it was - finally downloaded & watched it & wondered what the hell everyone was going on about. Martinez had all sorts of problems getting his timing down against Cintron but might of pulled it out in the late rounds - but had no problems with a draw. Not a good performance from Martinez, & I'm a bit of a fan of his.
                    ---

Think a lot of how various fights get mythologized into blatant robberies is due to HBO riding some fighter they're promoting, or some 'story' they are selling.

Comment

robbery is defo an overused term, there have been a few lately but most of what are called robberies are close decisions

Comment

Working...
                      X