No announcement yet.

Schedule for workouts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule for workouts

I'm beginner in boxing but I really want to become great. It's a long road and I need to work hard, but I have read from the internet and also my coaches have recommended many different workouts for different aspects of the game. So I think I have the core of the training in check but I don't know how to arrange them so that I have optimal recovery and evolution. Like I said, I'm a beginner so if you guys think I have bad routines, too much training or if I'm lacking something, feel free to educate me.

So the workouts/drills/exercises I have on my list are, and what they train:
    -Boxing training (heavy bag, shadowboxing, partner drills, conditioning drills) - well they of course teach me to box.
    -Boxing technique sharpening (doing the techniques alone in my room as clean as I can with lots of reps. Not very intensive) - they sharpen my technique
    -1 hour runs - better my basic aerobic capacity
    -H.I.I.T (I do 30 second sprints as fast as I can and then jog/walk 90 seconds. That's one round and I do 4-6 rounds (non-stop)) - maximize my aerobic/anerobic endurance
    -Muscle training: Pushups, pull-ups, BW squats, crunches/situps, back extensions, leg raises/jack knives - muscle strenght and endurance
    -Sprinting (not HIIT but maximal speed training where the idea is not getting your legs pumped or tired but just going as fast as possible) - explosiveness
    -Plyometrics (lower body mostly) - quickness

Are these good exercises to do? Do I miss something?
    I'm training like this:

Monday: 1 hour run, plyometrics and muscle training. Then before the bed I train technique very lightly.
    Tuesday: Boxing.
    Wednesday: Sprinting.
    Thursday: Boxing.
    Friday: 1 hour run and muscle training. Then before the bed I train technique very lightly.
    Saturday: HIIT.
    Sunday: -

What do you people think? Am I overtraining my CNS or my muscles? Am I training too little? Anything I should change?

everyone is different.....

Comment

Over thinking it. Just keep it simple and be smart with your food.

Comment

If you ask Joe Frazier, he'll tell you that you need to be in the boxing gym every day. 5-6 days a week. (at least that what he said in his book) If you can't make it to the gym as much as you'd like to, i'd throw in some heavy shadowboxing for 3-5 rounds when you can't make it

Comment

Working...
        X