No announcement yet.

I can't stand those older boxing fans who stopped watching boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
    *butts into conversation* man what about Mike tyson? ... he was unbeatable that night he fought Mohammed Frazier ... he'd whoop your Drago brothers.
    Mohammed Frazier? Pfft. He was a joke. Didn't he get knocked out by Ray "Motor City Haggler" Duran?

Comment

They probably aren't boxing fans as much as fans of whatever's popular.

Comment

I tell those guys to go fkk themselves. They don't watch boxing anymore so they don't get to have an opinion about it anymore either.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          Television killed the club shows
          and pay per view killed the casual fan
          CCTV and later PPV has always been around for all the big fights.

The type the TS describes probably only watched a handful of fights and that somehow makes him a educated fan in his own mind. There is something about boxing that brings the stupid out in the casuals for them to even pretend to speak on the sport, it must be a 'man-card' thing to talk big about boxing even when you don't know ****.

Comment

Due to not having Sky back in the late 90's, i also stopped watching. But then found 'the internet'.
            Plus in the 80's it was so popular. Many of these so called boxing fans are really just arm chair sports fans. They dont actually love the sport enough to find a way to watch fights.

But many were put off by all the ppv stuff. Like my uncle who is still a huge boxing fan, but finds it impossible to watch the big fights and stay up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
              CCTV and later PPV has always been around for all the big fights.

The type the TS describes probably only watched a handful of fights and that somehow makes him a educated fan in his own mind. There is something about boxing that brings the stupid out in the casuals for them to even pretend to speak on the sport, it must be a 'man-card' thing to talk big about boxing even when you don't know ****.
              If i remember right, in the 80's all the big fights were shown on normal tv in the uk. If not live then the next day.

Comment

Working...
              X