No announcement yet.

Dibella taunting De la hoya for Alvarez vs Martinez fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    They've tried to make it a few times, Kev. The most recent time, HBO tried to make Cotto-Berto and was putting up something like 3.5 million for it. It didn't happen because Berto wanted something like 1.8 of the 3.5.

Everyone was mad and saying Berto was overpaid, because he outpriced himself. He had been getting paid in the area of 1mil to fight bums, so he wanted a big cashout to fight Cotto.

I'm not going to dig up the articles, this is pretty common knowledge I think? It's been a while.
    Yup I remember, berto the idiot thought he deserved the bigger split.

Comment

What i've found so far, which says nothing about Berto pricing himself out. It's Bob Arum saying the fight would be difficult to make because Berto gets too much money already. Negotiations never even happened.

By Lem Satterfield

WBC welterweight champion Andre Berto is set to return on November 27 against Mexico's Freddy Hernandez at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. If successful, Berto has mentioned a number of desired opponents for 2011. One of the opponents at the top of Berto's list is WBA junior middleweight champion Miguel Cotto.

Cotto's promoter, Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum, says a fight with Berto is very hard to make because of the economics involved. Berto receives a significant sum of money for every fight picked up by HBO. Arum believes Berto is being overpaid by the network for "ordinary fights." And because he's already being paid a very high amount per bout, Arum says it's very difficult to make a deal to fight Cotto because Berto is going to request an even larger sum of money.

"The problem with Berto is that he's a lovely kid and he's a good fighter, but he's a tulip, which means that his value has been set by what HBO is paying him for his fights. And, like the frenzy over tulips centuries ago in Holland, it's the same thing," Arum said.

"Berto shouldn't command anything like what HBO is paying him. Therefore, it makes it very, very difficult to make a big fight for Berto against somebody like a Miguel Cotto because the kid wants to be paid more than he would get paid for ordinary fights. Therefore, he would be vastly overpaid. So it's very difficult."

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
        Alvarez is a Junior Middle.....

Where are the tweets about Gennady?
        By the time sergio recovers from injuries he'll be just shy of 39. It's time to make money. GGG brings NO MONEY to the table what so ever.

Comment

the sad thing is that nobody wanna fight Sergio...no Canelo, no Cotto, No Floyd...NOBODY...they are all scared!

Comment

DiBella is my favourite promoter in the sport.

I'm glad he's finally got a fighter that is undoubtedly 'the man' at a couple of weight classes. He also is the only one who shows real interest in making the real fights people want to see while Arum and Oscar just like to talk about making them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd
              Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePunchingBag

Canelo gets KTFO.

We know from the Josesito fight that he's there to be hit.

Couple that with the fact that he's never really felt true MW power and the kid goes down in the 4th round.

Oh we've known that way before the Josesito fight
              Good call. You beat me to it.

@Cigarillo
              Man you're so bitter. We know you're mad about the Paul Williams thing, we know you lost some money on Chavez but GGG does not bring any money to the table. Martinez is nearly 40 yrs old and needs a good check before he gets out the game. What is he gonna get from GGG, 500K?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I want martinez to fight ggg.And cotto to fight canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87
                  I want martinez to fight ggg.And cotto to fight canelo.
                  So the fighter who hasnt done **** gets the paycheck and the elite one to fights for peanuts. Gotcha.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

IMO I think Victor Ortiz two recent setbacks should make him fight his way back to the top. Maybe a rematch with Josesito to start.

Canelo on the other hand, should fight winner of Cotto vs Trout IMO. Obviously they would want the bigger name in Cotto because that would be a great money fight. I don't think Canelo is ready for either Martinez or Mayweather if those fights are being thought of being made.
                    Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 09-17-2012, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Bottom feeder big mouth trying to flex nutz when he only has 1 guy who needs a big supporting cast to do good in the box office.

Keep dreaming lou, talks a good game about how boxing is not doing what it's supposed to be doing while living off the HBO welfare checks.

Comment

Working...
                      X