Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lucian Bute vs. Andre Dirrell: who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got Bute- he's awkward like Dirrell, but much stronger

Comment

Most probably Dirrell by decision. Though I see Bute stopping Dirrell in later rounds.

Comment

Bute/Dirrell would be a great fight.

In terms of pure talent, Id say Bute & Dirrell are the best super middleweights in the world. Ward is dedicated, hardworker, but hes not exceptionally talented (ie fast, or powerful). Ward is an allround great fighter but that comes through dedication, and hard work.

Dirrell and Bute are both EXTREMELY fast. Id say the speed of both is about equal, maybe a slight advantage to Dirrell, but only just and even at that. Bute is definitely fast enough to catch Dirrell and likewise, Dirrell is fast enough to catch Bute.

The difference is Bute is also a much bigger puncher than Dirrell, and can KO you with one punch. I am a fan of Dirrell, but I also find Andre Dirrell to be mentally weak, I question his ability to take a punch and handle pressure.

I think Lucian takes this fight by UD or Late Round KO. I see a competitive early going, then Bute starting to catch Dirrell more and more and Dirrell eventually getting KTFO or quitting.

Comment

As someone already said, Dirrell is mentally a midget until he proves otherwise and if he fights Bute in canada i don't see him winning a decision on the cards unless its a complete shut out and i don't think he could do that to Bute.

Bute at home is a tough customer for anyone, I hope this fight can be made because Dirrell on his top game is also one hell of a fighter.

Right now I give Bute the edge, but if Dirrell can get a couple of wins and get Bute to fight him in Vegas or New York then he might stand a chance of pulling of a decision. Make the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Dirrell by decision, he's all wrong for Bute.
            If Dirrell is prepared mentally he's a huge threat to Bute. Interbox would be the worse business people in the game if they ever made that match.

Froch will be a big enough challenge for Bute and if a deal is reached that will lock Bute and Froch up until 2013 with back to back fights.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
              I got Bute- he's awkward like Dirrell, but much stronger
              I disagree but both know how to get on a bike when things get rough!!!

Comment

Bute should take take this.

Unless dr. Shaw Hi has transplanted Dirrell a new heart along with his new brain of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  Dirrell takes him to school I mean its going to be embarrassing
                  Your crazy man, bute wins UD on work rate alone, Dirrel runs around way to much to beat bute, sorry brah

Comment

Bootay is butt....Dirrell spanks that dude.....Bootay is a unproven dude....yall can make a case for him all day long with the Miranda's and oldman Glen Johnson's all day...but I'm not buying it

Comment

Originally posted by Who are you? View Post
                      Bute/Dirrell would be a great fight.

In terms of pure talent, Id say Bute & Dirrell are the best super middleweights in the world. Ward is dedicated, hardworker, but hes not exceptionally talented (ie fast, or powerful). Ward is an allround great fighter but that comes through dedication, and hard work.

Dirrell and Bute are both EXTREMELY fast. Id say the speed of both is about equal, maybe a slight advantage to Dirrell, but only just and even at that. Bute is definitely fast enough to catch Dirrell and likewise, Dirrell is fast enough to catch Bute.

The difference is Bute is also a much bigger puncher than Dirrell, and can KO you with one punch. I am a fan of Dirrell, but I also find Andre Dirrell to be mentally weak, I question his ability to take a punch and handle pressure.

I think Lucian takes this fight by UD or Late Round KO. I see a competitive early going, then Bute starting to catch Dirrell more and more and Dirrell eventually getting KTFO or quitting.
                      Good post.

Comment

Working...
                      X