No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Klitschko, Mormeck Go Face To Face in France

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Klitschko, Mormeck Go Face To Face in France

The second leg of their promotional tour is complete. Former cruiserweight king Jean-Marc Mormeck (36-4, 22KOs), right, poses with WBA/WBO/IBO/IBF world title holder Wladimir Klitschko (56-3, 49KOs), during a press conference held in Paris. The 35-year-old Ukrainian will defend his titles against Mormeck in Duesseldorf, Germany on December 10.

[Click Here To Read More]

LOL Mormeck's wearing a turtleneck. . . Haha, only thing worse than that is a scarf. . .

Wladimir is building up his fanbase in France. . . Really wish he was fighting somebody else, though. . . Oh well, when all is said and done NOBODY . . . LITERALLY NOBODY will be left!

WHen he breaks Joe Louis's record for HW title defenses he will get the credit he deserves. . . But the haters will find some way to discredit him. LOL imagine what Wlad would have done to Joe Louis. . .

Comment

This is a terrible fight. There is really nobody else for Wlad to fight at this point so I guess it's good that he's staying active rather than just waiting. I give Mormeck very little chance. His best days are way behind him.

Comment

my prediction: jab, jab, jab, grab, jab, jab, grab, jab, grab, jab, jab, jab, BOOM! Steelhammer.

Comment

Mr T. is going to get clobbered

i know wladimir has fought nearly everybody already and none of the fights have been worthy of a second go

but chambers, thompson, and chagaev REMATCHES are all better than this fight. and they were stinkers and not competative.

christ almighty. it's one thing when you send a no hoper out there to get blasted by young mike tyson in exciting and quick fashion

it's entirely something different to send a no hoper out there against wladimir, who literally goes the first few rounds without throwing more than a handful of power punches

perhaps the intention is to create something for the highlight reel before he heads to america to take on 25 lbs lighter (and still next to no - hoper) chris arreola in what is almost guaranteed to be a fun fight. if chris shows up at 225 he will at least make wladimir work and perhaps even take a few punches

hell, not only is evander holyfield a big name, he's a rougher task at this stage in his career.
          this mormeck fellow is a career cruiserweight. he fought for six years as a LHW.
          he barely beat fres oquendo. he lost rounds to vinny maddalone. his biggest win is TIMUR ibragimov and even that fight was close!
          he's almost 40.

stay busy wladimir..
          but for what // who?
          who is after arreola? helenius? he looks decent but he has sixteen fights.

i dont think the klitschkos have much left to prove and thus not a long time left in boxing
          Last edited by New England; 10-24-2011, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
            LOL Mormeck's wearing a turtleneck. . . Haha, only thing worse than that is a scarf. . .

Wladimir is building up his fanbase in France. . . Really wish he was fighting somebody else, though. . . Oh well, when all is said and done NOBODY . . . LITERALLY NOBODY will be left!

WHen he breaks Joe Louis's record for HW title defenses he will get the credit he deserves. . . But the haters will find some way to discredit him. LOL imagine what Wlad would have done to Joe Louis. . .

he would have ruined his trunks by getting blood all over them

i know you're a troll and ****, but really
            this is a boxing forum. you shouldn't even be here if you're going to disgrace the sport with ***** like that

prime joe louis might be the best fighter to ever lace up gloves.
            he's up there with 60's ali
            robinson at 147 knocking dudes out and taking punches better than any man alive
            armstrong weighing about 135ish and taking on everybody under the sun for world championships from 26 to 47 and even 60 where he got a disputed draw
            135 lb duran on his best night
            126 lb pre-crash willie pep
            reportedly harry greb was on that level as well, but there's no film of the man fighting.

joe louis would knock wladimir out cold with a combination
            real talk. probably within the first half of the fight. once he got his range figured out it would basically be over.

out cold and on the ground. if conscious at all, only slightly. i think the word is supine.

and i'm generally found around here defending wladimir and calling him a great fighter (which he is)
            Last edited by New England; 10-24-2011, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post

WOW.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                he would have ruined his trunks by getting blood all over them

i know you're a troll and ****, but really
                this is a boxing forum. you shouldn't even be here if you're going to disgrace the sport with ***** like that

prime joe louis might be the best fighter to ever lace up gloves.
                he's up there with 60's ali
                robinson at 147 knocking dudes out and taking punches better than any man alive
                armstrong weighing about 135ish and taking on everybody under the sun for world championships from 26 to 47 and even 60 where he got a disputed draw
                135 lb duran on his best night
                126 lb pre-crash willie pep
                reportedly harry greb was on that level as well, but there's no film of the man fighting.

joe louis would knock wladimir out cold with a combination
                real talk. probably within the first half of the fight. once he got his range figured out it would basically be over.

out cold and on the ground. if conscious at all, only slightly. i think the word is supine.

and i'm generally found around here defending wladimir and calling him a great fighter (which he is)
                So, it is s disgrace to say that Wlad would beat Louis. But somehow it is not a disgrace to say that a 200 pound man would beat a 250 pound man with skills that also happens to be 5" taller. Okay, it makes complete sense to me??

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                  So, it is s disgrace to say that Wlad would beat Louis. But somehow it is not a disgrace to say that a 200 pound man would beat a 250 pound man with skills that also happens to be 5" taller. Okay, it makes complete sense to me??
                  Some people are happier living in the past and believing all their old heroes were infallible supermen. It's good for them because they know they'll never have to worry about being proven wrong. The truth is nobody knows what would happen in any of these fantasy contests.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Jim View Post
                    Some people are happier living in the past and believing all their old heroes were infallible supermen. It's good for them because they know they'll never have to worry about being proven wrong. The truth is nobody knows what would happen in any of these fantasy contests.
                    I believe you are correct and welcome to the forum!

Comment

Working...
                    X