No announcement yet.

Poonsawat scores 4th round KO Win!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
    I think you're talking about his fight with Miguel Roman that was on FNF.

Too bad though, I'm pretty sure Escalante is at 126 now. He's ranked as such in the WBA's rankings.......he's not on them at 122.
    Yea that is too bad. Would be an intrigueing fight.

That Escalante Roman fight was a war. Probably my favorite fight of the year.

Comment

Breaking news- Poonsawat has signed with Golden Boy Promotions. It looks like his first opponent could be Steve Lueveno in Vegas this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Battling Siki View Post
        Breaking news- Poonsawat has signed with Golden Boy Promotions. It looks like his first opponent could be Steve Lueveno in Vegas this fall.
        What? Do you have a source?

Why would he fight Luevano? Luevano said he was having trouble making 126. Does Poon plan on moving up?

Comment

What? Do you have a source?

Why would he fight Luevano? Luevano said he was having trouble making 126. Does Poon plan on moving up?
          Here's the source Philboxing.com-I think the plan is to move him up

http://philboxing.com/news/story-39270.html
          POONSAWAT STOPS KIMURA IN 4, SIGNS WITH GOLDEN BOY

By Carlos Costa
          PhilBoxing.com
          Fri, 21 May 2010

MAHASARAKHAM, THAILAND - WBA super bantamweight world champion Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym from Thailand made a successful second defense of his title by scoring a brutal KO over Japanese challenger Shoji Kumura in Masaharakahm, Thailand Thursday night.

New Zealand referee Mr. Ferlin Marsh correctly spared Kimura from further punishment by halting actions at 2:23 of the 4th round.

From the beginning of intense battle, Poonsawat (41-1, 29 KOs) looked much faster, stronger, and aggressive than the brave Japanese challenger who was knocked down to the canvas two times during that torturous 4th round.

In contrast, Kimura (23-4-2, 9 KOs) was never able to mount any meaningful offensive that could counter the vicious, relentless attacks sent by the 5' 4½" Thailand fighter.

Right after the fight, the Thai’s manager Niwat Laosuwanwat, president of Galaxy Boxing Promotions announced an agreement with Golden Boy Promotions for the 29-years-old Poonsawat to fight before American audiences.

Their likely next target is former featherweight champion Steven Luevano (37-2-1, 15 KOs) in Las Vegas by the end of the year.

Comment

[QUOTE=Rushcutters Bay;8429875]Here's the source Philboxing.com-I think the plan is to move him up

Yea I saw that one too. Seems strange for him to be fighting Lueveno though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rushcutters Bay View Post
              Here's the source Philboxing.com-I think the plan is to move him up

http://philboxing.com/news/story-39270.html
              POONSAWAT STOPS KIMURA IN 4, SIGNS WITH GOLDEN BOY

By Carlos Costa
              PhilBoxing.com
              Fri, 21 May 2010

MAHASARAKHAM, THAILAND - WBA super bantamweight world champion Poonsawat Kratingdaenggym from Thailand made a successful second defense of his title by scoring a brutal KO over Japanese challenger Shoji Kumura in Masaharakahm, Thailand Thursday night.

New Zealand referee Mr. Ferlin Marsh correctly spared Kimura from further punishment by halting actions at 2:23 of the 4th round.

From the beginning of intense battle, Poonsawat (41-1, 29 KOs) looked much faster, stronger, and aggressive than the brave Japanese challenger who was knocked down to the canvas two times during that torturous 4th round.

In contrast, Kimura (23-4-2, 9 KOs) was never able to mount any meaningful offensive that could counter the vicious, relentless attacks sent by the 5' 4½" Thailand fighter.

Right after the fight, the Thai’s manager Niwat Laosuwanwat, president of Galaxy Boxing Promotions announced an agreement with Golden Boy Promotions for the 29-years-old Poonsawat to fight before American audiences.

Their likely next target is former featherweight champion Steven Luevano (37-2-1, 15 KOs) in Las Vegas by the end of the year.
              I actually just did a quick Google search and this came up.

I dunno about Poon at 126.....I think it could be too much for him.

Comment

I actually just did a quick Google search and this came up.

I dunno about Poon at 126.....I think it could be too much for him.
                I agree, even though he does look jacked at 122, he's probably a couple inches shorter than his listed 5 4'. Lueveno was the last guy I expected to see them targetting.

Comment

Originally posted by Battling Siki View Post
                  I agree, even though he does look jacked at 122, he's probably a couple inches shorter than his listed 5 4'. Lueveno was the last guy I expected to see them targetting.
                  Yeah, he looked a tad smaller than Sidorenko when they fought.

I think his size is what will hold him back. Despite being of smaller stature, his strength is what allows him to do what he does at 122, it won't be that way at 126.

Comment

I think you're talking about his fight with Miguel Roman that was on FNF.

Too bad though, I'm pretty sure Escalante is at 126 now. He's ranked as such in the WBA's rankings.......he's not on them at 122.
                    That was a damn good fight! I think I still have it on my DVR.

EDIT: My favorite fight so far this year.
                    Last edited by -The Glove-; 05-20-2010, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X