Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any New York Rap Fans Getting Tired Of NY Rappers Trying To..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truth View Post
    ^^
    i do listen to alot of different rappers. the reason i'm focused on shyne so heavily right now, is he might get of jail next tuesday. and i'm excited to hear new music from him, been waiting for shyne to get out since i was 16.

but i listen to alot of different rappers. and different types of rap.
    I been waiting to man, but I dont think I apprieciate his music as much as I used to. I aint trying to come at you though, Im just trying to introduce some new **** ya know?

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
      Underground boring to you? Go check out Binary Star, or ever MC signed to Rhymesayers. If you like the poetic side of Hip-Hop, you would never be bored or disapointed.
      for the most part i guess its just not my style of rap...when i think of poetic rappers i think of nas, cormega, or just about half the rappers from queensbridge...tragedy khadafi too.

Comment

I been waiting to man, but I dont think I apprieciate his music as much as I used to. I aint trying to come at you though, Im just trying to introduce some new **** ya know?
        but i think shyne is going to get alot better. remember we never got to see him reach his potential. now after being in jail and reading etc., i think hes gonna reach his potential if he continues to rap/doesnt get deported. Remember shyne was only 20-21 when he made those past songs. so he only knew the streets at that point. now hes 30-31.

oh and i love the fact your trying to show me some new stuff. i appreciate it, just as i like it when megstarr does that. thats what makes coming on here fun, keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Shallah Raekwon View Post
          for the most part i guess its just not my style of rap...when i think of poetic rappers i think of nas, cormega, or just about half the rappers from queensbridge...tragedy khadafi too.
          Im down with Nas. Im mostly into NY, Chi, and the Minneap scenes. That seems to be the only basis that qualitity MCs have been coming out of.

I mean, this is a lyrical seekers orgasm right here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb_ueL2sJ80

Comment

Talib's flow is crazy.

Comment

but i think shyne is going to get alot better. remember we never got to see him reach his potential. now after being in jail and reading etc., i think hes gonna reach his potential if he continues to rap/doesnt get deported. Remember shyne was only 20-21 when he made those past songs. so he only knew the streets at that point. now hes 30-31.

oh and i love the fact your trying to show me some new stuff. i appreciate it, just as i like it when megstarr does that. thats what makes coming on here fun, keep it up.
              I thought so too, but it all depends, you really can't predict. I'm not sure how he's going to implement his gangster rap style to his new found Islam.

And it's all good man. I'm always constantly looking for new music to satisfy me, ever since I got that little shove that there is great, meaningful, and talented artists all around, you just got to open your eyes. But my hip-hop style goes abit that I need some good thought out lyrics to keep me satisfied now, not just beats. And it's good that you have an open mind, that's an always underapprieciated trait.

Comment

actually hes a orothodox jew now.^ but angie martinez said shynes "so ready." I believe shyne has alot of talent that he never got to show due to the club incident. hopefulley he doesnt get sent to belize.

Comment

If it wasnt about changing styles, then what do you mean? It just semt like thats what you ment by NY rappers having the southern rap style.

I mean ****, Jay was the man back in the day. Shyne had a sick first album, but unfortunatly his career was destroyed. But you got to broaden your Hip-Hop horizon. Ever since I stepped into the lyrical side of Hip-Hop, Ive never been satisfied with the norm anymore. I feel like Ive stepped into a stage of self-enlighhtenment, hahaha. If you love the vibe of a song, check out this link, its an oldie, but I bump this **** cause its to damn smooth,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mt3vZHDiM8

You dont see **** like this anymore unless your deep into the underground scene.
                  Love this song, just goes to show Rap City actually used to play good ****.

I never really liked southern rap, Cunninglynguists and Little Brother, and Face aside. Well, I guess I mean I don't like most of the mainstream southern rap.

As for underground, I used to be into Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Immortal Technique etc.

But I dunno, I kinda got bored with them in all honesty, I mean Aesop has a large vocabulary, but I just can't really get into his music. I still bump them every now and then. But for the past year or so, I've just been listenin' to Golden Age ****.

That Atmosphere song is dope by the way.

And you wanna talk about lyrics, Cannibal Ox's "The Cold Vein" is a goldmine.
                  Last edited by CrackYourJaw; 09-27-2009, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CrackYourJaw View Post
                    Love this song, just goes to show Rap City actually used to play good ****.

I never really liked southern rap, Cunninglynguists and Little Brother, and Face aside. Well, I guess I mean I don't like most of the mainstream southern rap.

As for underground, I used to be into Aesop Rock, Atmosphere, Immortal Technique etc.

But I dunno, I kinda got bored with them in all honesty, I mean Aesop has a large vocabulary, but I just can't really get into his music. I still bump them every now and then. But for the past year or so, I've just been listenin' to Golden Age ****.
                    Im going to go against the grain and say Aesop is ****ing terrible. Never liked him, just thought he was overrated, in the same sense I feel about MF Doom. Immortals to preachy and yet never knows what hes talking about. You ever listen to Chino XL? Mans metaphors are superb and above any other MCs. Smif-N-Wessun, P.O.S., DITC, KRS, and definitely Jeru Tha Damaja.

actually hes a orothodox jew now.^ but angie martinez said shynes "so ready." I believe shyne has alot of talent that he never got to show due to the club incident. hopefulley he doesnt get sent to belize.

Oh, Im ****ing miss informed then XD been while, haha.

Comment

LOL, MF is decent, he's just kinda funny. Madvillainy is good music to just chill to. I think I just like him because of the mask. I'm so, so on Chino XL, haven't heard too much of him, but eh.

Always like Smif-N-Wessun, and all of Boot Camp. Never really listened to P.O.S. Like DITC, and obviously KRS and Jeru.

Comment

Working...
                      X