Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Poll) In His Prime Was Roy Jones Jr Unbeatable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
    Jones only looked unbeatable based on the comp he faced.
    Harsh but true.

Comment

Roy was not unbeatable, but pretty close. In regards to his competition, most of those fighters were champions or became champions, so I disregard that. Plus, Hopkins didn't have the greatest comp either. Trinidad(former welterweight), De La Hoya( former lightweight), etc. So that can be said about both if yall wanna say Roy was fighting bums. Back to the point, the fighters Roy lost to he would've beaten easily in his prime. However, Calzaghe would have given him a run, but eventually would get ko. Roy was a special breed, no denying that.

Comment

Jones was never unbeatable, Montiel Griffin was giving him hell in the first fight and Griffin is hardly a ****in elite level fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          no, he was a sensational boxer but in my opinion a bit over hyped by the media due to him being american. Also for one reasons or another a lot of top boxing fights did not get made with him
          More oversensitive crybaby Euro fans. Jesus ****ing Christ this kind of thinking gets old.

No one is unbeatable.

Comment

let's dispense with the bums bs...because in reality.....he fought who they sent him.....he was just that superior to them. paz....no bum, toney...no bum.....hopkins...no bum....tarver....bum of all bums and yet......peeps tend to forget roy won that first fight with tarver.

no one is unbeatable....all it takes is one well placed / lucky punch.

the fighters roy disposed of looked like crap against roy yet when fighting anyone else they were....well seasoned or a good fighter.

roy is the only boxer where everyone....media and fans....asked him to go all over the place to fight....roy can't beat a heavy, oh he can't beat a middle weight, he should drop to 147 and fight mosley....go fight tyson....gtfoh.....he is only human.

Comment

Roy's resume is highly underrated on these boards and I suspect it's because most of the posters either hated him, he beat one of their favorite fighters, or they began following the sport seriously around 2000 and know little of anything beforehand.

Comment

Ousdie of a lucky punch. Yes. He was.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  Outside of a lucky punch. Yes. He was.
                  No one is unbeatable, I would give the G-man a good chance against him.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Roy's resume is highly underrated on these boards and I suspect it's because most of the posters either hated him, he beat one of their favorite fighters, or they began following the sport seriously around 2000 and know little of anything beforehand.
                    Correct. Most of the people talking **** are Calazghe fans. People who started watching boxing around 2005 or so and thing they know anything.

Define: IRONY.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
                      No one is unbeatable, I would give the G-man a good chance against him.
                      I'd favor Liles or Nunn to give him hell but I suspect Roy would've knocked McClellan senseless had they ever met.

Comment

Working...
                      X