Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo would retire Cotto and make him cry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto fans will always treasure their win over crippled Martinez. No other way to put it. With this logic, he should be favorite against Canelo? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by jcj0427 View Post
      Cotto fans will always treasure their win over crippled Martinez. No other way to put it. With this logic, he should be favorite against Canelo? lol
      No, Cotto should be favorite because Canelo nearly lost to a guy running the whole fight. That paid off Canelo judge is just too much to overcome, even Floyd got stuck with a draw on his card lol.
      Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 07-14-2014, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        No, Cotto should be favorite because Canelo nearly lost to a guy running the whole fight. That paid off Canelo judge is just too much to overcome, even Floyd got stuck with a draw on his card lol.
        I agree the cards are crap but dude Canelo lost to Floyd and beat another boxer in Lara. Cotto is not a boxer he stays in the pocket and last time Canelo fought someone like that was angulo. Cotto is worlds above angulo but angulos chin is worlds above cottos. It's an interesting fight.

Comment

• These are my 2 favorite fighters and I would love to see this fight. I've got mad respect for Cotto and I am a big fan but I have been saying forever I think Canelo is a bad for Cotto based on there styles.

Cotto is not gonna run like Lara and he doesn't box and move like Trout and Floyd. These are the only types of fighters that give Canelo trouble. Cotto is a better boxer but not a natural boxer,and at the end of the day he is gonna be right in front of Canelo trying to work the body, and I think that is bad for him.

I'm not saying Canelo wins and it would be an awesome fight but I think Canelo would be able to make it a war, and Cotto may start boxing but I don't see him being able to stick to that for the entire fight.

Canelo is the bigger,stronger, younger guy and if Cotto ends up in a fire fight and in range I think it's a bad style for Cotto. Especially if it happens next year and it ends up being at MW because I don't see Canelo making 154 much longer!!!

Once again awesome fight hope it happens soon, and my 2 fvorite fighters, I just think the style is all wrong for Cotto. I don't wanna see either guy lose but outside of Pac/Floyd which is never happening. It's the next biggest fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
            Lara was boxing and running in my opinion. I'd favor more towards running though but I can't fault him because Canelo is a beast in the pocket. Canelo was trying to make the fight and the countless body shots are what made him win the fight 116-113. Triangle theories dont work in boxing sorry. I could easily say Canelo beat Trout and Cotto lost to him by significant margin. Canelo should be favored because of the styles both fighters have and because of their previous opponents. Canelo gets way more credibility beating Lara then Cotto does Maravilla.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              So K2 is okay with completely scrapping a card they already had to partially reschedule to this new date. He had his press conference for the Geale fight the day Cotto dethroned Martinez. You're comparing apples to oranges with the situations.

you are more worried about them scrappin a card, than seeing cotto fight ggg huh? lmfao, but yeah like i said in the end it comes to the fighter himself to fight who he wants. why cant more people follow canelos footsteps fight the fights people want to see. take notes danny punk....

Comment

• Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                Cotto vs Canelo is probably the best fight you can make in Boxing right now.

I'm a Cotto fan, but I'm not gonna front like Cotto will spark out Canelo. Two things I saw Canelo improve on is cutting the distance and his stamina was on point. Cotto will be in front of Canelo a bit more, but at the same time Cotto even at this weight has more power to be concerned with on the part of Canelo and Cotto in general is a much more rugged fighter than Canelo's thus scene on top of the overall experience.

That's really a pick'em fight for me. I can't call a winner right now, but I think it would be a more grueling fight for Canelo than the Lara fight.
                I wouldn't say his stamina was up he was not able to throw and exchange as much as he has done in fights like the Trout fight, which I thought he lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  I agree the cards are crap but dude Canelo lost to Floyd and beat another boxer in Lara. Cotto is not a boxer he stays in the pocket and last time Canelo fought someone like that was angulo. Cotto is worlds above angulo but angulos chin is worlds above cottos. It's an interesting fight.
                  Cotto is nothing like Angulo what are you talking about? Cotto is not some mindless come forward brawler, he sets up everything he does by boxing. Even Roach said to Cotto in the 7th or 8th round "You're giving him a boxing lesson." Cotto is 100x's the boxer/fighter ANYTHING that Angulo is, where do you guys come up with some of this ****? You do realize you CAN box coming forward, you don't have move backwards in order to box.

Comment

Lara was boxing and running in my opinion. I'd favor more towards running though but I can't fault him because Canelo is a beast in the pocket. Canelo was trying to make the fight and the countless body shots are what made him win the fight 116-113. Triangle theories dont work in boxing sorry. I could easily say Canelo beat Trout and Cotto lost to him by significant margin. Canelo should be favored because of the styles both fighters have and because of their previous opponents. Canelo gets way more credibility beating Lara then Cotto does Maravilla.
                    Yea, now I know you are nothing but a blind troll. There is no point in responding to your stupidity any further if you think things like that.

Comment

Beating? Sorry, but Giftanelo lost the fight. He was given yet another gift.

Comment

Working...
                      X