Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocking PED revelations by T. Hauser. GBP, Mayweather, Quillin, Morales.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
    77 pages and mostly Mayweather fans posting.....
    And most of them think it should now be legalized! :cat:

Comment

• Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
      I'm not implying there is no drug use in boxing, but on the topic of fighters fighting longer there is something else that should be mentioned.

The life expectancy here in Australia in 1970 was 71. By 2010 it was 82. That's a 15% increase in 40 years. If you picked a species in nature at random and ascertained the difference in life expectancy from one generation to the next, I doubt you would find a 15% increase. Better nutriution and other factors that are causing us to live longer could also be helping boxers to fight for longer.
      They are.

Comment

• As a sports fan, I don't care whether an athlete is using drugs or not because every single one of them does. I know that most people, FALL into this category, make a distinction between steroids and things like pain killers and anti-inflammatories but they're all performance enhancing drugs. The guy who's getting an injection into his knee to reduce the swelling is enhancing his ability to perform and to me, there's no real difference.

Steroids have been demonized over the past 30 years. They get blamed for a lot of things that they didn't do and their effects are not what most people think they are. With proper supervision, steroid use can be totally safe. Without proper supervision and without knowing exactly what you're taking, they can be deadly... just like any drug.

And that's the thing. Instead of having these performance enhancing drugs be totally illegal where people have to go to unsavory places and purchase stuff that may or may not be what they think they're buying and may or may not be the strength they think they're buying, if you make it legal with supervision, people will be in much less danger.
        Last edited by The Tase; 11-19-2012, 08:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
          a lot of bias

in the end if you really want to clean the sport up of PEDs then you cannot merely focus on just one entity when it's fairly dirty across the board

Hauser seems focused on one entity like he was when he went in on HBO and Greenberg
          The usual way to prevent an article from looking biased is by showing both sides of the story. But how is Hauser supposed to do that when Goldenboy/USADA refuse to be interviewed on the subject matter? Their silence makes them look shadier then what they probably really are. It's frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
            oh ofcourse they are....

Pacquiao never test positive = PED usingcheat
            Morales fails a test = Career ruined, PED using cheat
            Money May test positive several times = Legalize it

worst fanbase in all of sports

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              I'm not a Floyd fanatic, and have never called Manny out for PED use as there is no proof at all (Manny is one of my fav fighters)

But it's evident that some fighters are using PED's and its unfair on the rest of the sport, with boxings current infrastructure and politics legalisation is the cheapest and easier way to level the playing field.

If PED's were really removed from the sport under the current political system it would be even better but it doesn't seem possible atm but it's coming along slowly.

Comment

• The biggest problem obviously are the promotional companies aren't financially secure enough to agree to shut a whole card down should a fighter test positive. Imagine the money they would have lost if the Barclays Center card was main event-less because Morales ****ed up. There's not enough money in this sport to risk having an independent commission run the tests and decide whether the fights should/shouldn't go forward.

this article's findings are so unfortunate if they're substantiated. Failing tests three times? If that's so, that's pretty damning. Then again, nothing more was made of Teddy Atlas's claim that Pacquiao's people sent an e-mail to Floyd's camp asking what the penalty would be should their fighter test positive in OST.
                Regardless of the spirt of fair competition going out the window,this isn't a sport where you inject a little testoterone to hit a ball better—you're hitting someone else, in the head. This has LETHAL ramifications. Hauser's article really illustrates how the use of PEDs are a significant significant advantage, and boxing's current testing policies are clearly not doing enough to enforce it.

Comment

• Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  Fernando Vargas juiced to the gills and got rocked and wobbled by oscar and stopped.

I can go down the list of plent of mma fighter who have glass chins are were juiced up.

show me proof that steroids helps the chin, kevin kelley even said steroids dont help your chin.

other fighters have said it as well in mma.

if anyting not having to drain himself to the lower weights helped pacman take punches better.
                  Not sure I believe that because while Pac was getting knocked down by the likes of Hussein and smaller guys at 122 pounds and under (for at least 12 fights),you claim his gaining weight helped to take punches against bigger guys at 147 who are bigger and hit harder....kinda tough to believe that he was drained for more than the whole first half of his career-imo,his body grew into the progressive weight classes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    They are.

They are what?

Comment

• Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                      in the end,

people who think they have the moral authority on what's right is wrong.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH USING PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUG.

Denying ped use is denying the next step in human evolution.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=563165

50-100 years from now, ped use will be as regular as taking vitamin c.

People use performance enhancing in all aspects of life yet somehow when athletes use them it becomes morally wrong?

The public has been brainwashed into thinking ped use is evil when in reality its human progress.
                      Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                      that's a buncha BS that has been perpetuated by the mass media i was talking about.

sports = skill and physical ability.

to say if they take peds it ceases to become sports is the height of ignorance and stupidity.

you still have to sharpen your skills. all sports are skill based which is augmented by your physical ability. If you can take a drug to better your physicals, why would you be against it?

Its harmful?

yes. so is smoking. so is drinking alcohol. so is eating too much red meat. There is inherent risk in everything you do. That doesnt mean we should ban them. Its 2012, not 1990. Peds have gotten safer and more advanced today.

Level playing field?

Its not a level playing field right now because only those willing to break a immoral law and push it to the next level are getting the advantages.

If you truly want a level playing field you would allow ped use. The fact that its illegal is what's making it a uneven playing field.

Athletes already take peds. This is just a ridiculous self righteous crusade. Athletes are given a list of drugs that are allowed and arent by their respective governing bodies despite no medical backing.

Think for yourselves and use your brain for once.

Testosterone replacement therapy is a legal medical procedure that helps millions of people. HgH is naturally made in the body and is used for healing and by the anti aging community.

Yet when athletes use it, they are committing some abhorrent immoral act?
                      as a boxer, working out really hard and training really hard = giving a boxer better means to beat someone's head in.

you're only looking at it from one perspective. a boxer taking peds can also give boxers a better mean for not getting their head beat in.

there's inherent risk in everything you do. peds or not, combat sports = people getting hurt.

read this thread and all the posts in it:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=563165
                      peds being illegal is unfair.

peds being legalized is fair.

think. use your brain.

Lets not restrict the discussion to steroids. Anabolic and cortico steroids are 1950's tech.

Primatene: performance enhancer.
                      Baking Soda: performance enhancer.
                      Creatine: performance enhancer. (That you everyone except Arian Foster gets just by eating meat.)
                      Caffeine: performance enhancer.
                      Cocaine: performance enhancer.
                      Vicodin: performance enhancer.
                      Tylenol with Codeine: performance enhancer.
                      Aspirin: performance enhancer.

Every time an athlete gets a pain shot or an anti-inflammatory shot before taking the field, that's an example of using performance enhancing drugs.

In addition, there are drugs out there that you and I don't know about because we're not part of that culture. Every strength and conditioning coach in the world is out there scouring all the latest studies looking for a hint of some supplement or drug that boosts performance that's not banned or illegal.

I think it's a shame that steroids have gotten the rep they have. I think steroids, when used correctly, could lengthen a lot of athletes careers, keep them healthier for longer, and reduce the number of injuries. In my sport, you can't sniff the podium without steroids in any of the major federations. Drug-tested feds have declined in importance and non-drug tested federations put up the big numbers and have the bigger draws. I only lift in drug tested feds because I'm a law-abiding citizen who doesn't do steroids. If steroids were legal, I would seriously consider taking them.

Athletes already take peds. peds that are allowed by their governing bodies without medical backing.
                      I think athletes should be able to use whatever they want to enhance their performance provided it doesn't harm anyone else. If they want to use anabolic steroids to increase their size and strength, let them. If they want to use hGH to strengthen their tendons so their bigger muscles don't tear off their bones, let them. If they want to use blood doping to improve their endurance, let them. If they want to use painkillers to allow them to push through when they wouldn't normally be able to, let them.

And let them do it under physician's supervision. And let those physicians compile all the data they can from what those athletes are doing.

We would learn so much about health and fitness by doing that. We've got a whole population of human guinea pigs willing to destroy themselves, we might as well put them to good use.

Drugs and chemistry are part of the human body and sports FOREVER.

It hasn't been truly pure since the 50's. And it will never be pure again.

High-echelon athletes will always look for a competitive advantage. Studying more, that's a competitive advantage. Watching your diet, that's a competitive advantage. Hitting the weights in a way that improves your performance, that's a competitive advantage. Hitting the jackpot genetically, that's a competitive advantage.

Athletes who are fighting for a spot or are trying to win are going to look for something else. They're going to try the latest designer drugs, they're going to try the latest techniques, anything they can to get an advantage. They're going to look for ways to get around the rules and bypass the tests whether it's a fake schong filled with a non-user's piss or a drug that's undetectable by current standards.

There's no way to put the drug genie back in the bottle. If you're trying to be the best in your sport, you're going to feel pressure to take something because as far as you know, everyone else is already doing it and you're already on an uneven playing field.
                      As a sports fan, I don't care whether an athlete is using drugs or not because every single one of them does. I know that most people, FALL into this category, make a distinction between steroids and things like pain killers and anti-inflammatories but they're all performance enhancing drugs. The guy who's getting an injection into his knee to reduce the swelling is enhancing his ability to perform and to me, there's no real difference.

Steroids have been demonized over the past 30 years. They get blamed for a lot of things that they didn't do and their effects are not what most people think they are. With proper supervision, steroid use can be totally safe. Without proper supervision and without knowing exactly what you're taking, they can be deadly... just like any drug.

And that's the thing. Instead of having these performance enhancing drugs be totally illegal where people have to go to unsavory places and purchase stuff that may or may not be what they think they're buying and may or may not be the strength they think they're buying, if you make it legal with supervision, people will be in much less danger.

peds are also used as HIV medication.

there's a reason why magic looks "healthy."

Comment

Working...
                      X