what do you guys think

They even went wild for him last night when he was leaving MSG

Lets go back to 2001

look at these vids Look at the love for Tito

Just watch Titos entrance its like a mad house at MSG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdJ2XzP4Ns

Entrance starts at 17:14

Look at this Vid look at Tito welcome home along with miss universe

also there is people going wild in the streets after he beat joppy look at vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Q1DjS7Mo4

They Love Tito Miguel they love him but not the same

Trinidad is royalty over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
      Trinidad is royalty over there.
      Tito seems to have fought for the people more than Coto

Comment

Lets not go back to 2001, that is when Hopkins brutally battered Tito.

Joking aside, I think it's because Tito is the original, the OG to Cotto. Tito is what Cotto aspired to be growing up (most likely.) and most Puerto Ricans latched onto Tito and his accomplishments, where as Cotto just followed in his foot-steps. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
          Lets not go back to 2001, that is when Hopkins brutally battered Tito.

Joking aside, I think it's because Tito is the original, the OG to Cotto. Tito is what Cotto aspired to be growing up (most likely.) and most Puerto Ricans latched onto Tito and his accomplishments, where as Cotto just followed in his foot-steps. Just my opinion.
          I see what you mean but These are the things that I think make Tito more Loved.

1.He was a better fighter than Miguel

2. Tito was more of a peoples champion nicer guy fought for the people cotto says he just fights for his family

3. I heard he made them pay for the trout fight all of Titos fights were free in Puerto Rico that was a mistake

This goes back to to #1

Tito was screaming Puerto rico everytime he won and before the before the fight

He would wear there colors when he fought

Cotto does not do that

Comment

I'll send an ice pack for the ass hurt

I'm like, "Un momento" - mami, slow up your tempo

Comment

Tito was very proud always showing love to his fellow boricua, and also a knockout artist never really see him get hurt with the exception when he got knockdown but he would brush it off and comeback.

Cotto on the other hand is quiet to himself, some people feel like he's arrogant. I heard rumors that he can be an ass but those are rumors so I can't say. Both are great fighters either way.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingman25 View Post
                I see what you mean but These are the things that I think make Tito more Loved.

1.He was a better fighter than Miguel

2. Tito was more of a peoples champion nicer guy fought for the people cotto says he just fights for his family

3. I heard he made them pay for the trout fight all of Titos fights were free in Puerto Rico that was a mistake

This goes back to to #1

Tito was screaming Puerto rico everytime he won and before the before the fight

He would wear there colors when he fought

Cotto does not do that
                I guess the Tito being more of a "patriotic" champion was the x factor. Cotto has always made it clear that it's a business.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingman25 View Post
                  Why do Puerto ricans love Tito more than Cotto

I think myself it is because Tito was a better fighter than him

They both Draw thousands of Fans to MSG

but Tito at MSG was unreal

what do you guys think

They even went wild for him last night when he was leaving MSG

Lets go back to 2001

look at these vids Look at the love for Tito

Just watch Titos entrance its like a mad house at MSG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAdJ2XzP4Ns

Entrance starts at 17:14

Look at this Vid look at Tito welcome home along with miss universe

also there is people going wild in the streets after he beat joppy look at vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Q1DjS7Mo4

They Love Tito Miguel they love him but not the same

I think we identified more with Tito because Tito was a guy who lived like a common man and even though he was rich he was humble to the ppl, but as a fighter he talked the talk and walked the walk,,, Tito would tell somebody imma ko u and would go in there a ko the dude. We love cotto to but he's quiet and reserved so it's harder to go wild for a guy like that but I feel we love him the same way. Plus Tito set a world record by title defenses at welterweight. I think he defended his title 14 times sucsessfully

Comment

Originally posted by Marlonr72 View Post
                    I think we identified more with Tito because Tito was a guy who lived like a common man and even though he was rich he was humble to the ppl, but as a fighter he talked the talk and walked the walk,,, Tito would tell somebody imma ko u and would go in there a ko the dude. We love cotto to but he's quiet and reserved so it's harder to go wild for a guy like that but I feel we love him the same way. Plus Tito set a world record by title defenses at welterweight. I think he defended his title 14 times sucsessfully
                    Tito was a beast for 8 years

If cotto would have went on to be more of a dominate champion he would have been more loved.

Tito was also came off as a peoples champion showed alot of national pride

Comment

Working...
                    X