No announcement yet.

Beatles >>>>>>>>> Michael Jackson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abbadon View Post
    How are the Beatles over rated? they have more hits then Michael Jackson.
    More platinum albums too.
    They have been around longer, and are a god damn band.

Comment

what this guy steve had to say on the matter:

First, the Beatles had a much bigger impact overall than Michael Jackson. Though both had a huge cultural impact, no denying that, the Beatles' impact on culture, politics and society was much more visible. The Beatles literally transformed the '60s into their decade. It was all about their hair, their clothes, their styles and most importantly, their music. (Even Elvis' influence was more wide-ranging in the '50s than Jackson's was, overall, because Elvis pushed the boundaries of music, clothes and sex, all of which were restrained before he came along.)

Not to say Jackson didn't: Watching some of his videos clearly shows his music and dance styles influenced many performers. And not saying Jackson didn't have a white hot period. He did -- the "Billie Jean" moonwalk video from the 1983 Motown 25 TV special was when the full impact of the Jackson explosion hit.

But the Beatles' influence was much more wide ranging. It still goes on, even today. Michael Jackson's glow faded in the wake of his personal troubles. He rarely recorded and performed in recent years. He had finally decided to do live shows this year, while Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney have been consistently doing records and concerts. Not to mention the marketing of the Beatles by Apple Corp. in "One," "Love" and now "The Beatles: Rock Band." (Jackson was the subject of a Sega Genesis game called "Moonwalker," profiled by the NY PC Games Examiner.)

I agrees...

Comment

Beatles aint ****in wit MJ...

Comment

give me some good beatles songs please..

the only one i got is ''come together''.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Executioner View Post
            Beatles aint ****in wit MJ...
            MJ ain't ****ing with The Beatles.
            Until recently, It was rare you saw someone wear an MJ shirt.. not so with The Beatles.
            The Beatles have a Rockband game dedicated strictly to them.. Michael Jackson has Moonwalker.
            Merchandising: Beatles > MJ

The Beatles starred in movies (A Hard Days Night, Help!, Magical Mystery Tour, Yellow Submarine, Let It Be).. I can't name a movie Michael starred in until his recent movie that just came out and a short film "thriller"

In Film: The Beatles > MJ

The Beatles had an impact on the political movements of their time.. Michael Jackson had a song called "Heal the World"

In Politics: The Beatles > MJ

The Beatles lyrics and songs had greater impact, more emotion and more depth then Michael jackson's.. There style was diverse and they could play just about any genre of music, they also experimented with various instruments including instruments like the sitar... Michale Jackson used cynthesizers and an elctric guitar.

In song writing, innovation and music: The Beatles > MJ

I can go on and on and on...

Comment

Originally posted by The Underboss View Post
              give me some good beatles songs please..

the only one i got is ''come together''.
              twist and shout, a day in the life, as my guitar gentle weeps, hey jude, let it be, ive got a feeling, dig a pony, it's been a hard days night, with a little help from my friends, sgt. peppers lonely hearts club band, I am the walrus, Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Love Me Do, Ticket To Ride, Can't Buy Me Love, Help!, Yesterday, Helter Skelter, Nowhere Man, Hello, Goodbye, Michelle, Revolution, O-bla-di O-Bla-da, Paperback Writer, Day Tripper..

those are just some hit singles just to name a few..

Comment

List of Artists who have covered The Beatles:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ed_The_Beatles

List of artists who have covered Michael Jackson:
                Alien Ant Farm and... .. . .. ??????

Comment

let's not forget that alot of singers have covered alot of Paul McCartney's written songs.

he's undoubtfully the most successful song writer of all times.

Comment

They were both the best at what they did. You can't compare a pop singer/entertainer with a rock band.

Comment

There's no point in arguing over this, it's all subjective.

MJ's music means a lot more to me than the Beatles, but I do respect them.

Sitting here trying to convince other people to feel the same way as I do, would be childish. Can't argue with opinions against other opinions.

Comment

Working...
                      X