No announcement yet.

Will it be an all Latino final? Vote

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it be an all Latino final? Vote

Fellas, 9/19 is fast approaching. And soon after that, 11/14 will be here sooner than we think.

Now, these two super-fights have two Latinos involved. Alot of us still can't make a clear-cut pick as to who are the one's that's gonna come out victorious.

A win for Cotto and Juanita would revive an old rivalry, probably the rowdiest of rivalries amongst boxing fans and that is, PR vs Mexico. If my boy wasn't involved in one of the superfights, I would love to see a mega-event pitting PR vs Mexico. The last big one was Felix vs De La Joto.

But, to me, for some reason, It seemed alot bigger when JCC fought Camacho Sr. as a young kid, I remember Camacho's ringwalk with the funky costume and reminded me of the WWE wrestlers comic-book persona.

I rooted for Felix and I rooted for Julio, I could never stand the fighters that ran around the ring.

Anyway guys, do you think it will be an all-Latino final or no?

Don't let your ethnicity influence your vote either. Vote for what you think will really be the most likely outcome.
    Hell yeah, it will be an all-Latino final. Boricua baby, Viva Mexico
    38.46%
    Cotto the Joto and Juanita will be watching Floyd-PAC while recovering from their head traumas
    61.54%

Cotto and JMM shouldn't fight if they both emerge victorious. JMM should come back down to LW where he belongs and Cotto should rematch Mosley.

Comment

If they do both win, I don't think they'll fight. Cotto is way too big Marquez. Marquez can go back down to lightweight and win a couple more and ride of into the sunset as one of Mexico's greatest. Cotto has rematches with Margarito, Mosley or Clottey. He could also fight Berto or maybe Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Crunch View Post
        If they do both win, I don't think they'll fight. Cotto is way too big Marquez. Marquez can go back down to lightweight and win a couple more and ride of into the sunset as one of Mexico's greatest. Cotto has rematches with Margarito, Mosley or Clottey. He could also fight Berto or maybe Mayweather.
        I'm not asking you what you would like to see. I'm asking you if you think it would be an all-Latino final.

Who knows, maybe Juanita might just back down from an offer to fight the Puerto Rican fire hydrant, but, lets just say this is a tournament? Do you think it's gonna be an all Latino final?

Comment

Originally posted by HumphreyBogart View Post
          Cotto and JMM shouldn't fight if they both emerge victorious. JMM should come back down to LW where he belongs and Cotto should rematch Mosley.
          agree.unfortunately, money talks, and if they can milk the pr/mex rivalry for more money, you better believe that fight's gonna get made.

Comment

i will say that as a fan who appreciates all of their abilities,and appreciates boxing history, may vs pac, could be the biggest fight in history.

Comment

I don't think Floyd will ever lose, i can honestly see him going down as the guy who retired undefeated and everybody hated him because of it

I also don't think Pac will lose for a very long time, he's really come a long way

So no i don't think it will be an all latino final

Comment

Originally posted by We want Floyd View Post
                Fellas, 9/19 is fast approaching. And soon after that, 11/14 will be here sooner than we think.

Now, these two super-fights have two Latinos involved. Alot of us still can't make a clear-cut pick as to who are the one's that's gonna come out victorious.

A win for Cotto and Juanita would revive an old rivalry, probably the rowdiest of rivalries amongst boxing fans and that is, PR vs Mexico. If my boy wasn't involved in one of the superfights, I would love to see a mega-event pitting PR vs Mexico. The last big one was Felix vs De La Joto.

But, to me, for some reason, It seemed alot bigger when JCC fought Camacho Sr. as a young kid, I remember Camacho's ringwalk with the funky costume and reminded me of the WWE wrestlers comic-book persona.

I rooted for Felix and I rooted for Julio, I could never stand the fighters that ran around the ring.

Anyway guys, do you think it will be an all-Latino final or no?

Don't let your ethnicity influence your vote either. Vote for what you think will really be the most likely outcome.
                where were you on july 26th 2008?

Comment

If Cotto were to beat Pac and JMM pulls off a huge upset in beating Floyd, there'd be a lot of money to be made in Cotto vs JMM; and a year ago I think that fight would've been unthinkable; I don't think it'll happen though

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
                  where were you on july 26th 2008?

Comment

Floyd and Pac will eek it out one way or another. Than the biggest fight in the history of the sport can be made in the middle of next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X