Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa on Broner: Never Faced a Quality Foe Like Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamboa should fight one more time after next weekend before a major fight like Broner - and definitely not higher than 135. Broner would probably come in @ 150 fight night-and with his reach advantage it likely Gamboa would have a tough time connecting. Really just have to see how powerful and quick he still is against Farenas.

Comment

"...you can't imitate the quality." Gamboa is a ****ing boss.

To me, this is one of the most scintillating matchups that can be made right now. Make. It. Happen.

Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
      Well, that is one of the styles that he has been using of late. But he really hasnt had to move much either. Until he fights someone that will make him move, I imagine that he will continue to stalk and stand right in front of his opponents, ie be stationary.
      We've seen him fight someone who made him move, and he didn't fair too well. Ponce had his number.

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      He doesn't have any questionable win though, unlike Broner.
      This.

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
      Broner doesn't have any questionable wins. It's just that guys like you who are biased against Broner who think that way.
      Sorry, but he absolutely has a questionable win. I whole-heartedly believe he got a gift in the Ponce fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post

We've seen him fight someone who made him move, and he didn't fair too well. Ponce had his number.
        Well yea, but he has obviously improved since that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by APBrooklyn View Post
          Gamboa should fight one more time after next weekend before a major fight like Broner - and definitely not higher than 135. Broner would probably come in @ 150 fight night-and with his reach advantage it likely Gamboa would have a tough time connecting. Really just have to see how powerful and quick he still is against Farenas.
          I'm not as intrigued by others about this fight due to some of the things you stated. First of all Gamboa is not prime he is near 31 and has been inactive for quite some time, and furthermore yes Broner will likely come in at 148 149 and I don't think Gamboa can weigh more than 145 without being sluggish, so broner will be taller, bigger, faster and probably stronger being that he lifts weights.. either way Gamboa would lose to Broner at this point imo

Comment

To me, this is one of the most scintillating matchups that can be made right now. Make. It. Happen.

This.

Sorry, but he absolutely has a questionable win. I whole-heartedly believe he got a gift in the Ponce fight.
            Yeah, Ponce got robbed. I think there was also another earlier fight he got a gift for but can't remember which.

Comment

Broner vs Gamboa/JMM will silence his critics regardless of a loss especially if it was vs JMM.

Comment

DO it !! This would make a great fight !!

greedy promoters will want to make it stew awhile

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                  which past broner opponent did i bring up? Im just asking what does the way he fought against ponce have to do with this fight?
                  My bad lol. You're right. Broner will become a 10 year pro and the De Leon fight will still be used against him just like Castillo and Floyd.

Comment

This.

Ponce had Broners number, lmmfao! Look, question anything you want about Broner De Leon, but that won't change anything. You can also talk about what Broner can't do until you're blue in the face. Gamboa has more flaws than Broner. Doesn't mean Gamboa can't win. But if you're going to acknowledge what you think Broner has trouble with, do the same for your boy.

Comment

Interesting fight everyone would love to see but I can't see it happening anytime soon..

Comment

Working...
                      X