20 BEST Lead Singers Of ALL-TIME

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
    Jagger>>>>>>>>>>> Bono
    I agree with the statement, but not because I don't like Bono or his singing, infact U2 are one of my favourite bands, but because Jagger is just an exceptional singer.

For those interested, here are some of Jagger's finest vocal performances, imo.

Just a few examples, there are dozens more I can add, but I cbb atm. Go through The Stones 60's & 70's catalogue and you can't really go wrong apart from a couple lazy albums.

Comment

Originally posted by led View Post
      Cant think at the moment who else to replace this people: Cornell, Vedder and Cobain.

Is this category all male? If not Janis Joplin should be here.
      take vedder out and put in brandon boyd. vedder can't hold a candle to boyd's range.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        kurt cobain is a dismal singer compared to some of the ATG

chris cornell probably got there from his work with soundgarden, homie.
        the dude can sing a dog off a bone truck. he's had some runs with junk bands recently, though

i really think the doors go overrated because of the death of jim morrison

and john lennon was a loser

but other than that the list is pretty solid

Alright man, thanks for giving me a good chuckle.

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
        I agree with most of your thoughts, man, especially the outro to Where Did You Sleep Last Night?, you can almost hear his vocal cords shredding, he puts his entire soul into the performance, ironically it was probably his most daring and powerful performance, all while sitting down, in stark contrast to the rest of his career where he was in a frenzy during concerts.

Outro: From 3 minutes onwards ^^^

Polly is a sweet performance too - I also liked Pennyroyal Tea.

In regards to Cobain being worthy of a Top 10 spot, sure, I have no problem with that, but conversely, I would have no problem with his omission in place of someone like Bon Scott.
        Damn, how can I forget to mention the penney royal tea when its one of my fave to play on acoustic.

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
        Two who would be in my top ten are Deep Purple and Whitesnake's David Cloverdale and Uriah Heep's David Byron (who died from liver failure in 1985).
        Thanks for mentioning this. I know their songs but not really familiar with their performances (Ill check them out esp. the Whitesnake)

Comment

I think it's based on the whole package rather than just their vocal ability. Or at least that's how people voted.

To throw some names out there for consideration: Nick Cave, Damo Suzuki, Billy Corgan, Layne Staley, Ozzy Osbourne, Phil Lynott, Neil Young.

Comment

Putting John Lennon on the list as one of the greatest lead singers is a JOKE.

He is not in the top 100 for best voice. He copied Bob Dylans voice and as Far as I know, singing wise, hasn't influenced a significant artist since.

Surprised McCartney isn't up there.

Comment

Originally posted by Konstantin View Post
              Putting John Lennon on the list as one of the greatest lead singers is a JOKE.

He is not in the top 100 for best voice. He copied Bob Dylans voice and as Far as I know, singing wise, hasn't influenced a significant artist since.

Surprised McCartney isn't up there.
              Where are you when Oasis was popular?

Comment

Where are you when Oasis was popular?
                Significant artists point still stands

Comment

Significant artists point still stands
                  So you dont consider Oasis as significant one? Am wasting my time on you.

(I was about to ask you whats your favorite Beatles song, but Im done with you. Your too stupid to say Lennon is a loser)

Comment

So you dont consider Oasis as significant one? Am wasting my time on you.

(I was about to ask you whats your favorite Beatles song, but Im done with you. Your too stupid to say Lennon is a loser)
                    lol

1. Overreaction

2. When did I say John Lennon was a loser? or whatever it is your trying to say in broken English.

Comment

lol

1. Overreaction

2. When did I say John Lennon was a loser? or whatever it is your trying to say in broken English.
                      I mistook you for other poster who say Lennon is a loser. Anyway, Im done with you.
                      Last edited by led; 04-15-2011, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X