Collapse
No announcement yet.

1998 Oscar De La Hoya vs 2010 Floyd Mayweather At 147lb

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at first i was thinking del ha hoya but i think like alot of people i sometimes need to be reminded of just how good pbf is.

pbf by dec it might well be close but i think he squeaks it.

Comment

Floyd beats a prime Oscar, Shane, Tito, and Forrest at WW if you ask me and Im not being a homer. I say that because a year or 2 ago I wouldnt have argued with anyone that picked against him but I said the whole time that you cant fully judge Floyd as a WW until he grows into the weight. People wanted to compare him to great at WW when he really was only coming into the ring at 146 pounds and looking less than he did at previous weights. Now with the 2 year layoff he has grown into his weight so I pick him over any of those guys.

I still dont think he's as big as others think but he can hold his own now where he physically wasnt capable before. This Floyd would easily have fought the Margarito & Cotto's of the world a couple of years back. To me that was the biggest thing. Floyd fans want to say different and talk about money but to me he just didnt think he was big enough. He thought he could beat all of those guys but there was some doubt and he thought he may lose to an inferior guy like Margarito strictly because he wasnt big enough and he wouldve killed himself if he had let that happened. Now thats a non question and Im telling you he wouldve been much less hesitant to fight those guys if he had the weight back then to compete like he wanted to.

The problem is that its still a trick question because guys like Oscar, Shane, Forrest, etc were in there prime or close to there prime at WW. They were in there late 20's. Floyd is now 33 when he fully developed into a good size WW so its not like he has the prime speed & athleticism that he wouldve had at this size in his late 20's

Comment

Floyd is not in his prime. However he has grown well into 147 so now he is big, strong and although not as fast as he used to be he is still faster and quicker than everyone else. Oscar in 1998 was as prime as you can get, he would be quite a challenge for Floyd especially with his jab but Floyd's ability to adjust and take away Oscar's best punches would have been the end for him Floyd 8-4, this time a legitimate 8-4 not the bull**** one they got.

Comment

Prime De La Hoya (That didn't even beat Whitaker in statement fashion) vs. Unprime Mayweather...

I'll take Mayweather by UD.

Comment

floyd knocks him out in 1 round (true story)

Comment

De La Hoya would give him lots of problems. With as many combos De La Hoya use to throw back then it would throw Mayweather off

Would be a close decision imo

Comment

Oscar buckles Floyd but then proceeds to run like he did against Tito

Comment

Mayweather TKO1.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
                    Oscar buckles Floyd but then proceeds to run like he did against Tito
                    ^^^This. Oscars combos back then was tremendous

Comment

floyd beats any version of oscar

Comment

Working...
                      X