Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: We Never Asked Andre Ward For 164 Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C'mon SON!!!

Comment

People forget after Ward cleaned out theWHOLE SM division easily he was 1b to floyds 1A based on opposition. He was the man at that weight it was up to GGG to step up at that point he had 1/4 of the name he has now. They ducked Ward.

Comment

Ward Holmes Charles etc some fighters always under appreciated no matter how great. Then you get Canelo has Floyd like following to a level so he will be a cherry picker ducker amazing I always thought boxing fans of the smartest.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          He's saying 164 would be fair, just like all the *****s said 152 was fair for Canelo because "Floyd tha A-side," even though Floyd fought at 154 just fine vs Cotto. GGG has never even fought at 168, and he's the A-side, so why not meet halfway?

That's what Abel was saying in that video, but that doesn't mean they ever made a formal request for 168. Abel would have liked 164, but they still may have done it at 168 if the fight had been negotiated, that would have been up to Loeffler and GGG presumably, not Abel.
          Extremely well said.

C'mon Steve kim!!! This is why i told you the last time that YOU and your media cronies are PART of the problem. You choose your sides like fanboys do and then go that way.

Comment

Canelo calls out ggg in the ring now it might happen late 2017. He fights at 180 but can't make 160 it's a joke. Hagler would cut a finger off to make a super fight

Comment

It's the pu$$ifying of all sports. Can't breathe on receivers in nfl. Zero D in hoops when there was some no curry, Jordan pippen would have ate them up. Old time boxers wanted $ but also to be known as the best 130 Duran won titles up to super middle . Are we going to fall for the Floyd model again? Not this kid

Comment

When GGG is pushing 40 and still has no big fights to his name maybe then his 10 fans on this board will realize who the common denominator is.
                Like ODL said, its tough to negotiate a fight with GGG because he thinks he is a star but hasn't earned that yet.
                Abel calls GGG the A side in that video but he hasn't take the risks to earn A side status against anyone but bums who have no other options.

Comment

He's saying 164 would be fair, just like all the *****s said 152 was fair for Canelo because "Floyd tha A-side," even though Floyd fought at 154 just fine vs Cotto. GGG has never even fought at 168, and he's the A-side, so why not meet halfway?

That's what Abel was saying in that video, but that doesn't mean they ever made a formal request for 168. Abel would have liked 164, but they still may have done it at 168 if the fight had been negotiated, that would have been up to Loeffler and GGG presumably, not Abel.
                  Come on now Stevie boy, we know you like them interviews loeffler gives you don't wanna mess those up but every one on team lil g including lil g himself said 164 or 50/50 money and weight but willing to fight all the other smw bums at 168 **** was even going fight fat a$$ Chavez at 168 and everyone knows dude can't make weight to save his life. Y'all went in on Canelo but he had belt doe.. But give this dude a pass and he still chasing Canelo without a belt

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    I guess I need to post this again...

This is the easiest way to sum up the problem with Golovkin and his so called brain trust.

A) They talk out the sides of their neck, often in contradiction to themselves and prior statements

and,

B) They have an overblown sense of who and what they are.

Gennady Golovkin is a 34 year old middleweight who shows all the signs of greatness, but who also has managed to get to age 34 without fighting a single other great fighter.

There are fighters 10 and 12 years younger than him that are closer to the HOF in terms of resume.

And most importantly, until he figures out how to draw more than 100K PPVs (or 150K if you believe the higher figure- I do not), he is pretty much nobody's "A-side".

Even in a proposed fight with an up and comer like Eubank, it is Chris jr that is the real A-side since it will be British money that makes that fight viable.

Ditto a fight with Saunders.

In a proposed fight with Ward, it is Andre that is the A-side if there is one. Ward is the guy that has accomplished much more in the ring and Ward is the reason the fight will do at least 500K buys- as opposed to a fifth of that versus a legit but limited Lemieux.

I agree with folks who say Abel should STFU...and I would add Loeffler AND Gennady to that list as long as the subject is fights they have no intention of really making.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                      People Hear What they want, not what is actually being said. I get what he's actually saying, but I bet he knows this will get people talking.

There is a reason both sides keep mentioning each other periodically.

First off, mother ****ers act like they don't know what he's saying. He is saying they never Offered WARD any fight at 164--not saying they never said it at all. Loeffler has said when Dan Rafael asked him what it would take to make the fight now, he threw out 50/50 weight/money.

But that's not a negotiation with a fighter. What boxing promoters/fighters/trainers say in media is mostly just public relations and posturing.

They didn't get to negotiating weight because Ward wanted a year and half of tune ups--a situation that's still going on.

In fact, when they wanted Ward when he was actually fighting at 168, thy offered 168. But I digress.

But the haters will say GGG ducked Ward, but it's funny, k2/ GGG/Loeffler/Sanchez are all record saying that fight could still happen, but...

It's Ward who claims it can't. It's Ward walking around saying it's never gonna happen.

You took 20 minutes typing this bull***** smh. Team GGG said 164 more than one time. Team GGG were simply afraid to take the risk of moving up and fighting the best point blank. Sanchez has said a lot of dumb ***** about the Ward situation and every time he opens his mouth, we get more dumb after hearing it. Sanchez feels comfortable saying all his bull***** because they have idiot fanboys like yourself that post your dickriding comments defending them smh

Comment

Working...
                      X