Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Reveals Secret To Having Successful Father-Son Duo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shawn Porter Reveals Secret To Having Successful Father-Son Duo

Respect. That, according to Shawn Porter, is one of the main reasons why the father-son/trainer-fighter partnership he enjoys with his father, Ken, has worked better and lasted longer than most in boxing.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like that. Father and son getting along like best friends. They seem proper tight, like Joe and Enzo Calzaghe.

Family – greatest thing in the world.

Comment

without reading it i know exactly wat he said
      "let dad do the talk, sit back, shut up, and eat your happy meal, and u only get ten minutes with the toy inside because after that it's dad's turn, but dont tell him i told you that bc he doesnt like people to know he's really a softy, bc he wants people to think he is the new nino brown--the version that didnt snitch..oh how dumb am I? u dont have to tell him he's standing right beside me putting my bib on. I'm in major trouble."

Comment

It's good to see a father-son relationship be successful in the sport. There have been so many that become acrimonious.

Shane Mosley and his dad seemed to have a good thing going until that witch Jin came along.

Comment

Unlike that whiny little boy Floydie going ballistic on his Dad for all to see. Some little boys never grow up, or think they don't have to because they're rich. Seems like Shawn and his Pop have it figured out. Need more like them in the sport.

Comment

Yea its great to see things working well for them. Tito/Papa Trinidad is another duo that worked great together. I don't think in the case of the Mayweathers that it was all Floyd's fault, Floyd Sr is a control freak and that would be hard for any son to deal with.

Comment

Roy Jones and his pop also had a bad relationship.

Nonito Donaire and his dad were estranged for a time.

Comment

I actually think he would be better with another trainer, but is good he had a good relationship with his dad.

Comment

Working...
                X