No announcement yet.

David Haye explains why he's not fighting Shannon Briggs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    as if he is trying to look out for Briggs best interests in trying to get him the most money. Child please
    Where does he say that? He says the fight couldn't happen because Briggs wants PPV which isn't possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
      Where does he say that? He says the fight couldn't happen because Briggs wants PPV which isn't possible.
      I don't believe him. I believe Haye wants it on PPV so he can garner more money. The whole "well i'm patient and can wait" towards the end of the video said it all for me. You don't chase a fool around telling him to fight you but then all of a sudden go "Oh but it has to be on PPV doe"

Comment

I don't believe him. I believe Haye wants it on PPV so he can garner more money. The whole "well i'm patient and can wait" towards the end of the video said it all for me. You don't chase a fool around telling him to fight you but then all of a sudden go "Oh but it has to be on PPV doe"
        Why do you think Briggs is chasing guys like Wlad and Haye for years while never fighting anyone other than bums? Because he wants a big retirement pay day. He's not going to settle for the same money De Mori did fighting on Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
          Why do you think Briggs is chasing guys like Wlad and Haye for years while never fighting anyone other than bums? Because he wants a big retirement pay day. He's not going to settle for the same money De Mori did fighting on Dave.
          Of course he wants money, every fighter does. Do you actually think that if Haye won a title that the fight would sell more? Man please, a title wouldn't matter at all. Briggs drummed up the interest for this fight by being who he is, a title around Haye's waist wouldn't sell it anymore then it would sell now. Hayes skill and Briggs mouth is what sells this fight

Comment

Wlad and Haye both chose not to fight him. Probably because there was nothing to gain in beating him.

Comment

Doesn't make sense..if haye gets a belt the fight is that much harder to make? If at all then......I don't believe him but I do believe him that he thinks he can beat Briggs easy so he basically just left the fansa out of a entertaining fight,so?

Comment

Of course he wants money, every fighter does. Do you actually think that if Haye won a title that the fight would sell more? Man please, a title wouldn't matter at all. Briggs drummed up the interest for this fight by being who he is, a title around Haye's waist wouldn't sell it anymore then it would sell now. Hayes skill and Briggs mouth is what sells this fight
                He wants money that isn't available. Sky PPV which is controlled by Hearn isn't going to put Haye-Briggs on PPV which means Briggs would have to settle for the same pay De mori did on Dave, he isn't willing to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by J-champ View Post
                  Wlad and Haye both chose not to fight him. Probably because there was nothing to gain in beating him.
                  But, Haye chose his last opponent (whose name no one will be able to remember without looking it up) OVER Briggs. I suppose there was something to gain in that? (hint; there's a sarcastic answer to that)

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                  Doesn't make sense..if haye gets a belt the fight is that much harder to make?
                  Exactly! It's a slip. As is he would get a title THEN fight Briggs. lol
                  Haye is trying to weasel into another title fight without earning it. It's just a carnival to him now. He has zero heart for boxing.
                  Last edited by Redd Foxx; 10-14-2016, 04:15 AM.

Comment

Haye says he'll be fighting for a title next or the fight after, so i'm guessing his opponent is highly ranked by one of the orgs. Probably be a better fight than the bum Briggs anyway.

Comment

Really lost all credibility with the toe.

Comment

Working...
                      X