Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Canelo's Mexican boxing fans punish Canelo more for not fighting Golovkin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    You mean 200k? Or you only push Glaser numbers when it fits your agenda?
    lol, you are such an ankle biter. I don't even know who Glasser is, other than having heard his name here (unless it's Jay Glaser, I actually worked out with him before). I saw something around 300k posted yesterday and even commented that it was more than I estimated. I'm not on here all day, on my knees servicing my favorite boxer so I don't have an "agenda" in regard to Canelo. I thought this one would bomb and called the Smith fight a mistake. Try to wrap your head around that.

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    200K x $65 = 13mil "no name Smith" (3rd attempt defense. how many did Angulo have?)
    500k x $22 = 11mil "Brook sold the fight" had to go overseas... lol
    ^There's some interesting math. Wondering what Bando thinks of that. Lemme guess, he'll avoid dealing w/ the heart of that subject.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
      Promoters didn't want him to fight Lara but he did. If Canelo wants to fight GGG, he fights GGG. He's the boss.
      if a guy holla'd at your lady in front of you what would you NATURALLY do?

do you recall what Lara did to get that fight? Alvarez invited Golovkin in the ring in the post Khan fight.. lol I don't recall Lil'G barging through a conference saying "fight me, that's what everybody wants to see" #Lara
      Last edited by Lester Tutor; 09-24-2016, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        ^There's some interesting math. Wondering what Bando thinks of that. Lemme guess, he'll avoid dealing w/ the heart of that subject.
        how does Glaser get to troll about "62k" from a Twitter account people at NSB criticized...

This reminds me of Hauser & Arum strategies with "Can Boxing Trust USADA..."

Russians had a great year in 2015 doe, and were so "welcomed" at Rio too doe

Comment

200K x $65 = 13mil "no name Smith" (3rd attempt defense. how many did Angulo have?)
          500k x $22 = 11mil "Brook sold the fight" had to go overseas... lol
          We're talking about the numbers here and not about the money (revenue). We're talking about the shrinking number of people (shrinking number of supporters) who bought Canelo's PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneBoxer View Post
            We're talking about the numbers here and not about the money (revenue). We're talking about the shrinking number of people (shrinking number of supporters) who bought Canelo's PPV.
            I already explained it to you and you chose to plug your ears rather than face the truth. Look at the popularity of each opponent and it directly scales to the PPV #'s.
            What surprisingly doesn't is the live attendance, which is something truly impressive, I'lll give him that.

Comment

the logic for GBP, or in layman's terms... for boxing negotiations 101, overseas PPV at $22 vs American PPV (which is ALWAYS the context) supersedes all this childish debate about A vs B side. Everybody is acknowledging sides to begin with, so what does it have to do with Alvarez being "afraid?"

We've seen all these theories before with May vs Pac. YOu'd think new bandwagoning fans would learn a thing or two about "all over again."

Comment

I already explained it to you and you chose to plug your ears rather than face the truth. Look at the popularity of each opponent and it directly scales to the PPV #'s.
                What surprisingly doesn't is the live attendance, which is something truly impressive, I'lll give him that.
                Yeah Canelo-Smith did good live attendance at Cowboys (Mexicans live in or near Texas ) but did a lower-than-expected PPV buys.

In contrast Pacquaio at Cowboys did around 40k in live attendance and also good PPV numbers (1.1M buys and 800k buys).

Comment

all these fools are just making up scenarios for what PPV success should be...

Cotto has more years branded than Alvarez and has an impressive resume moving up in weights... He fought Floyd 1mil+ PPV.... Puerto Rican fans are BIG supporters in boxing.

Cotto was going for the LINEAL title against Martinez. 350K. ... for whatever theories we want to play with..

How is that Cotto Martinez "bombed?"

Comment

Yeah Canelo-Smith did good live attendance at Cowboys (Mexicans live in or near Texas ) but did a lower-than-expected PPV buys.

In contrast Pacquaio at Cowboys did around 40k in live attendance and also good PPV numbers (1.1M buys and 800k buys).
                    Interesting how you once again avoided the relevant point here, the point that makes your whole thread look stupid. Trying to distract by bringing up Mexicans and Pacquiao doesn't fool anyone.
                    Why do you guys get so squirmy when faced with fundamental facts. His ppv numbers are reflective of his opposition. Does that statement scare you or something???? Lol

Comment

the logic for GBP, or in layman's terms... for boxing negotiations 101, overseas PPV at $22 vs American PPV (which is ALWAYS the context) supersedes all this childish debate about A vs B side. Everybody is acknowledging sides to begin with, so what does it have to do with Alvarez being "afraid?"

We've seen all these theories before with May vs Pac. YOu'd think new bandwagoning fans would learn a thing or two about "all over again."
                      lol we're not talking fight negotiations here...

What do you think, will Canelo's supporters punish him more in his next PPV fight if it's still not Golovkin he's fighting?

Comment

Working...
                      X