No announcement yet.

Affliction: Banned card officially announced

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affliction: Banned card officially announced

Affliction just announced today that Andre Arlovski and Ben Rothwell will fight each other at Affliction: Banned on July 19.

The “Banned” fight card will be the first show promoted by Affliction and has one of the best fight cards of the year. Both Rothwell and Arlovski are under contract with Adrenaline MMA but are fighting with permission on the Affliction card. Since the inaugural Adrenaline event is just a month earlier, both fighters will not be available for the Adrenaline show. The Adrenaline website does say both fighters are still scheduled to compete on the second Adrenaline fight card on September 6.

Here is the current fight card for the Affliction: Banned event:

Fedor Emelianenko vs Tim Sylvia
    Josh Barnett vs Pedro Rizzo
    Ben Rothwell vs Andre Arlovski
    Aleksander Emelianenko vs Paul Buentello
    Matt Lindland vs Fabio Negao
    Renato Sobral vs Mike Whitehead
    Savant Young vs Mark Hominick
    Brett Cooper vs Mike Pyle
    Ray Lamaza vs Justin Levens
    JJ Ambrose vs Patrick Speight

Well well well, Good working name so far, and i have to say its shaping up to be the best selection of HW contests we may have ever seen.
    Also major rumours that bands such as Korn, Megadeth and The 69 Eyes will be playing live at the event, making for a festival of everything hard, well minus Hugh Heffner being there it seems that way. Although how is a Woodstock style of show going to work?
    Do we get a stage at the end with plenty of room for a mosh pit? . Or will the bands haul equipement into cage and play from there? .
    This could just highlight the massive platform in which modern MMA now stands on, it could well move things on to the point where the UFC needs to stand up and try something new , BUT, if its not broken why fix it ?? I think only time will answer that one.

More soon so watch this space

Paul

From mmahq.com

Damn, 10 ****ing fights and likely more to come.

Comment

Wow that card looks pretty damn sick, is Lindland back to 185?

Comment

I'm not sure about what weight this fight's at but he was trying to fight MW in the UFC before and they turned him down.

Comment

why the hell did UFC turn him down?? He's old but i'm sure hes got something left still

Comment

he's boring jk, man wonder how much they will lose on this card paying the fighters an the bands.
            2 make money they'll probably have 2 charge a hell of a lot for tickets and the ppv.

Comment

I bet dana is green with envy. UFC have NEVER put on a card as good as this. Ever.

Comment

WOW- Omg thats a stacked stacked card! Affliction is takin over this *****! lol honestly if fedor losses, the entire org. is gonna fold

Comment

Can't believe they let (UFC) Arlowski go.

Comment

UFC is full of a bunch of ****s. Dana White has no business without some of these fighters who he decides to cut due to a lack of knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                    X