Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Truth About Political Correctness. Are You A PC Believer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    I didn't. But you sound like a queer.
    So women sound like "queers" now? I'm beginning to build a picture of you.

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
    Being straight is not congenital, it's a choice. Just like being gay is a choice. Get it right.
    I see. You just choose not to have sex with the men you are sexually attracted to! It all makes sense now! Women and queers sound the same, and you have a choice of whether you act on your sexual attraction to men or your sexual attraction to women! You're bisexual!

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    "easier" is such a relative concept, you can't possibly know what is easier for a person that is not you let alone knowing what's easier for an entire race. That's just ludicrous to assume that something is easier for somebody just because of their skin colour. You don't know anything about the person's life, environment, background, ambitions, physical and mental shape but you know that it's easier for him just because he's white? You sir are a moron!
    Things are easier for white people in general than they are for non-white people. The statistics bear this out. Black people in general find it harder to get jobs when competing against equally employed white people for example. Black people are significantly more likely to be stopped by police, and black people face harsher sentences when convicted of similar crimes to white people. These are facts. It doesn't mean that a black man who is a lawyer in Manhattan has an easier life than the homeless white guy who asks him for spare change, but it does make a difference.

I can't say that it's harder or easier for a black gay woman but I can say that where I am from, Canada, if you're a visible minority, including gay, if you're a woman, if you're a handicap you get preferential treatment by companies that are of certain size. I forgot exactly how many employees the company should have and what the profits should be. However, in gov't job posting and financial companies, and pretty much large, successful companies it does say that this group of people will get preferential treatment. So based on that as far as just trying to get a job, it seems "easier" for a black gay woman to find a job in Detroit than it is for a white straight male given the fact that some of these companies I talked about are global and the US gov't's policies of hiring are pretty close to the Canadians'.[/QUOTE]

There are some companies who will hire based on demographics but they are few. Some government agencies will do likewise but this is not the norm, and in areas where this is routine being a visible minority is an advantage not just for the hiring process but in doing your job.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      So women sound like "queers" now? I'm beginning to build a picture of you.
      I wouldn't bother. Weltschnitzel is a congenital ****** who was dropped repeatedly on his head as a child

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        That is choosing to engage in sexual activity which is obviously not what I was asking. Any straight or gay person can choose not to have sex but it doesn't mean they are neither straight or gay. I am asking if you or anyone can choose to be attracted to the same sex or is it an innate desire in your estimation?
        There's nothing innate about it.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          I see. You just choose not to have sex with the men you are sexually attracted to! It all makes sense now! Women and queers sound the same, and you have a choice of whether you act on your sexual attraction to men or your sexual attraction to women! You're bisexual!
          Go ahead, oversimplify my arguments if it makes you feel better.
          Last edited by Weltschmerz; 02-26-2014, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X