Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What IF Pacquiao Knocks Out Marquez? What Does That Mean?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely nothing. That's the funny part of Marquez-Pacquiao 3 and 4. They mean nothing for Pacquiao. If he wins convincingly, it'll be more like *Pat on the back* "You finally did it".

It means nothing.

I and II meant something at 126-130.

At 144-147? That's not even Marquez's best weight, Floyd already proved that for us.

It's only a winning situation for Marquez. Okay you beat me convincingly? About time; I already beat you 2 out of 3 times son. About time you beat me at 40 years old.

Comment

some of these kids replying are the same ones that thought bradley beat pac convincingly

nothing they say should be taken seriously

Comment

How can beating a 39 year old lightweight who has done nothing over 135 make you p4p#1? So Wladamir beating the lineal cruiserweight champion in Haye should have made him p4p#1 easily right?

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
          Does anyone genuinely care about the fight let alone outcome? Pac should have KOd JMM last time around.... I mean according to the hype
          arent you at least curious? i mean it might be pointless but it sure will be exciting and entertaining
          much better than pac vs bradley 2 with its obvious outcome

Comment

Would all depend on the manner in which it happened.

If Manny showed a significant adjustment that opened up shots that weren't there previously then that would be a big deal, simply because of how unlikely it is that he can do that.

Similarly if Marquez got ko'd as the result of increased aggression on his part, then you could conclude that the story of the series was Marquez just couldn't take Manny's shots, and that he therefore could never do enough offensively to really convince the judges.

I don't see it happening though, to be honest. I can't see Manny fighting any different to the fight 12 months ago or the one in the summer with Bradley. I don't think he can do anything else against an elite boxer who's backing away from him.

Marquez on the other hand, can fight three different styles in the one bout. The story of this fight will be how willing he is to get tagged in the process of landing some eye-catching shots. How much more confident is he at the weight? If it's just a case of him wanting to repeat what he did last year, well he can probably do that **** with his eyes closed.

Comment

I think Manny is in a no win situation, because even if he wins, there will always be that fact Marquez is 38 years old or how ever old he is. Even if Marquez is good at that age, it will always be used as an excuse. There's always excuses, but age is a good meaningful excuse. I think this fight is pointless.

Comment

I think the last three fights have great re-watch value and I'll be watching them for many decades to come. I wouldn't have complained about a 6th season of The Wire and I have no problem with another installment of this either.

Comment

He will subsequently refuse blood tests...

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                    I got a better question..

What if Marquez pummels Pacquiao and stops him...Do we get Marquez-Pacquiao V??
                    that sure is a possibility, this is boxing after all, anything can happen. if marquez stops pacquiao, just like what ward did to dawson, then marquez deserves to be p4p number 1 in my opinion, but according to the betting odds, pacquiao is a 4-1 favorite, truth is it's more like 1-1 (50-50 chance). competitive fights is what it's all about

Comment

Originally posted by master_rose View Post
                      He will subsequently refuse blood tests...
                      I'm a big JMM fan, but given the people he's associating with there are almost as many questions over him at this stage.

Comment

Working...
                      X