No announcement yet.

Does Lara beat everyone at 154?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Lara beat everyone at 154?

I had Lara beating Canelo in that fight. Yes he was moving too much but everytime he let off, Canelo's head snapped back. He had Canelo hitting air, ropes, and waist line all night.

Lara beats Cotto, Andrade, Charlo brothers.

Its a bad division but some of the guys coming up are going to be good. Lara can beat all of them but he could also lose to all of them. Very overrated fighter on this board.

Comment

You had Lara beating Canelo. I had Canelo beating Lara clearly and Canelo got the official win and has won every fan poll I've seen on that fight. They landed almost exactly the same number of punches by the punch count but Canelo chased and Lara ran. Canelo landed the harder power punches driving forward while Lara's punches thrown on the run lacked power. Canelo was 24 years old and a boxer usually peaks physically at 27. Canelo would be better and stronger in a rematch while Lara would further past his prime. Lara beats all other 154 pounders except the Charlo brother who knocked out Bundrage. That is the much better brother and a real monster. He might beat Lara. He would be a dangerous fight for Canelo but I would favor Canelo to win. I know you won't change your mind out Lara beating Canelo. I've never seen anyone change their mind about who won a fight. Remember that just because you had Lara beating Canelo doesn't change the fact that the judges and most of the fans had Canelo the winner.

Comment

How can he beat everyone at 154 when he got a draw against Molina and Vanes and lost to Canelo already? The question has already been answered for you. His record is 21-2-2 at 154

Comment

Yes.including Floyd which is why Floyd ducked him and chose a d fighter who is shot in berto .to think a shot josesito Lopez almost got the Floyd fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtyivier2k2 View Post
            He had Canelo hitting air, ropes, and waist line all night.
            That's weird because Canelo was digging into the body above the belt line, you could hear the thuds on TV. It's part of the reason Lara didn't want to fight Canelo at all, he would only throw 1 or a quick 1-2 then leave and not throw another punch for 30-60 seconds.

Comment

By the way, blows landed on the waistline are legal and when thrown with the power Canelo throws them they are very effective and they hurt. Maybe that's why Lara kept running away all fight. Punches that land below the waistline are illegal but Canelo kept his body punches in fair territory.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                By the way, blows landed on the waistline are legal and when thrown with the power Canelo throws them they are very effective and they hurt. Maybe that's why Lara kept running away all fight. Punches that land below the waistline are illegal but Canelo kept his body punches in fair territory.
                Right. Trunks of Lara were fairly high too (same goes for Canelo, or everyone in boxing really):

Comment

Who knows he looks good sometimes and like **** other times

Comment

Every time he's supposed to have his coming out party he lays an egg. He's running out of time and chances to stake his claim at the top of the division. With all of these belts freeing up it's now or never.

Comment

Working...
                    X