Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Detonay Wilder Stand much of a chance vs Wlad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    Klitschko fights more aggressively against taller opponents, because he's the better, more skilled fighter of the two.

On the other hand, He's had problems with shorter (even lost to them) , aggressive fighters with inside game.

Wilder's balance is terrible, so is his defence.
    Fighting aggressive against a guy that can touch you first is a pretty dangerous game. That is also how Wlad got beat all those time when he was aggressive, none of those dudes are in Wilder's league athletically speaking, and none were all that good.

So I fail to see your point.

Comment

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
      personally I think david haye hits a bit harder than wilder. wilder's power is very good but its overrated imo. david haye also throws his punches from odd angles and is quicker. I think haye is actually a bigger threat in a rematch with wlad than wilder would be,,,thats assuming haye hasn't lost anything with the big layoff
      I don't agree about the power but I can agree to disagree there.

Haye had a range problem in that fight, he had the speed and the power but him being an outside boxer he was unable to apply it. Wilder having a larger range than Wlad does not have those issues, so even if his power is slightly less his actual tools to apply that power are a bit better (even if he is a much lesser boxer skill wise than Haye).

I also think Wilder is more aggressive, which is a double edged sword. Haye needed to be more aggressive to have a shot but that could have also got him wrecked. The same applies for Wilder really.

Comment

Working...
      X