Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which current JMW has the best chance against GGG at 160?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    I'm just saying, if it comes to us looking to 154 for viable opposition, how are 154 pounders going to be better than 160 pounders? Sure, clean out 160 but after that, looking at 154 pounders to move up for the challenge isn't the way to go.
    Why not?
    It made BHop famous beating Trinidad.

Imagine if GGG beats Canelo..... same thing

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      Why not?
      It made BHop famous beating Trinidad.

Imagine if GGG beats Canelo..... same thing
      I guess but it will just lead to that win being discredited in the long run. It would put a real good name on his record as well as leave room for doubt. Now if Canelo were to do that and win, it would do wonders for his record and resume.

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
        Hopkins & Sergio didn't become lineal champions @ MW until there mid 30's.. It took Hopkins 6 years into his MW career (13 years a pro in total by that point) to unify two major belts! He did so against Holmes... Hopkins unified those two belts on his 13th defenses of his IBF belt... He then beat Trinidad (a former WW just like Cotto) in his next to become lineal champion also aged 36! He would then fight 8 more times @ 160 up until the age of 40! See not so different really... People have short memories!

Let GGG chase Lee & Cotto... He's only 32! Calzaghe, DM, Hopkins all of have an incredible run of defenses, in fact all are on the all time list, these things matter & that is what boxing is about, to be dominant & to establish a reign, to define your era! Stop trying to deny him this right as some of you are doing...
        Good post -- green k sent...

Though: B-Hop acted like a "blackhole" in top level boxing -- i.e. all laws and theories sucombed near him...

On another hand: history shows that the Russian breed did not offer many examples of longevity in this sport...

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          None of the above. Maybe, maybe Alvarez. And that's still a long shot.
          Yeah really. Seriously Andrade and Charlos are in the poll?

Comment

None on this list but possibly Canelo as I think it will take a huge puncher that has a good chin that can stand and trade with GGG. I thought about Lemieux since he has good power but he just wing's shots and is so open, I doubt he would last 3 rds with Golovkin.

It will probably be at higher weights before we see this guy get beat.

Comment

I think Canelo and Lara have a shot, at least to see the final bell. Canelo is interesting because he's only lost to movers/slick fighters and GGG's style plays right into his hands, I'm curious to see how GGG would react if he tries to pressure him only to be met by crisp and powerful combos.

Comment

You should have put none, so I couldn't vote

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  why look down and not up??? i dont get why you would even mention 154 fighters
                  Why not? Floyd looked down to 140 to find Hatton, 135 to find Marquez, 140 to find Maidana, 126 to find Guerrero, etc.

Pacquiao is a smaller man, and was planning to go back to 140. He started as a strawweight and won a world title at flyweight 112, while the much bigger Floyd started as a junior lightweight 130 and filled out to welterweight by his late 20s.

Ward is "looking down" calling out Golovkin who is a small middleweight, but you have no problem with that for some reason.

Comment

Does the OP know that JMW is below MW? Smaller guys are supposed to give GGG more problems? I don't know what's more comical the person who started the thread or the guy who actually said Lara, lmfao.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                      Why not? Floyd looked down to 140 to find Hatton, 135 to find Marquez, 140 to find Maidana, 126 to find Guerrero, etc.

Pacquiao is a smaller man, and was planning to go back to 140. He started as a strawweight and won a world title at flyweight 112, while the much bigger Floyd started as a junior lightweight 130 and filled out to welterweight by his late 20s.

Ward is "looking down" calling out Golovkin who is a small middleweight, but you have no problem with that for some reason.
                      I think he forgets that Hagler & Hopkins cemented their legacies as MW champs by beating men from lower weight classes, not higher.

Comment

Working...
                      X