No announcement yet.

For All the MMA Bashers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
    Yes...but he's already made the jump from 4 rounders to a 10rounder in just his 3rd professional fight. A jump even the best fighters dont make until roughly between 14-18 pro fights. He already has enough talent to take on the top 5 non belt holders in the division. Not saying he would win for sure. But he's definitely ready for it even though he has several holes in his game still. So hypothetically he could get a title shot with only 5-7 pro fights with the right matchmaking.
    If you ask me, the guys is moving too damn fast. Granted he's not getting any younger and I credit him for wanting to strike while the iron is hot. But he's really not at that world class level yet and I'd pick any of the top 5 ranked contenders in his division to beat him.

He may be "ready" to fight any of them, but I don't see him being "ready" to beat any of them, at the moment. Countering is really all he does very well right now and I really don't see this genetic freak that everybody else is seeing when they watch him.

Honestly speaking I was more entertained with Andrade's bull**** antics (Shouting "C'mon!", doing that gay dance, taking more voluntary knees than a prostitute, etc...) tonight than Rigondeaux's actual talents.

Hypothetically speaking you could be correct, and he could get a title shot at 5-0 or 7-0.

But that doesn't mean that a lot of us wouldn't have a problem with it, myself included.

Lastly, Casamayor > Rigondeaux.

Comment

******ED THREAD! Are u honestly gonna compare GR to Lesnar? ahahahahhaha!

Comment

when i think of MMA, it's about 2 guys hugging and kissing in the floor.
        Boxing is for Real Men.

Comment

Originally posted by dionysius View Post
          when i think of MMA, it's about 2 guys hugging and kissing in the floor.
          Boxing is for Real Men.
          To me its just a toughman competition with wrestling and jujitsu thrown in my favorites are the ones who call themselves freestyle fighters when they are really just bar room brawlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadillac Man View Post
            ******ED THREAD! Are u honestly gonna compare GR to Lesnar? ahahahahhaha!
            Nobody is comparing GR to Lesnar. The premise of the thread is purely boxing related and nothing to do with MMA. Im just curious at how the folks that trashed MMA and Lesnar for being a "world champion" and I put that in quotations because im not too big of a fan of UFC with only 5 pro fights when it's quite possible that Rigondeaux could do so in boxing.

Comment

Side note ; my brother is not a fan of boxing, MMA, or any combat sports at all. But he watched the Rigondeaux/Andrade fight with me tonight and was in stitches at the above mentioned gay antics of Andrade. He commented "if boxing was always like this I'd never miss a fight".

Just thought that was kinda funny.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                Particularly the ones who bash the UFC for having a heavyweight champion with only 5 professional fights.

How would you feel about Guillermo Rigondeaux getting a title shot after only 5 professional fights??? He's a rare specimen that I believe is already ready for a title eliminator after tonight. And will definitely get a title shot after only roughly 10 professional fights. Give or take a couple.
                Rigondeaux has 400+ amateur boxing fights, where he traveled fighting the best amateur fighters in the world, and transitioned from amateurs to pros in less than a year; He didn't take years off to be an actor in boxing plays.

MMA is supposedly this versatile sport, but Lesnar only competed at a high level in 1 sport, 10 years back. He wasn't fighting in the amateur mma circuit, he's not even competent at the other 'major components' of mma.

Comment

Why do people post MMA **** in NSB?

Comment

These ******ed fcks need to take this **** over to sherdog with the other toughman fans.

Comment

Originally posted by mangler View Post
                      Why do people post MMA **** in NSB?
                      Originally posted by markbnlv View Post
                      These ******ed fcks need to take this **** over to sherdog with the other toughman fans.
                      Cmon. Take it easy on me. Thread premise is purely boxing related and non MMA. I was just particularly curious at a certain demograph's opinions on the matter. But so far they've taken the opportunity to **** on MMA some more as opposed to answering the question.

Comment

Working...
                      X