Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is danny garcia the most overrated welterweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its the Rican thing

Ricans are always overrated and seem to always get extremely lucky

Cotto is the best example.

Garcia is decent, but he's not elite

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
      I'd love for Bradley to fight Garcia so people can really see what a guy who is labeled as "average" but is truly underrated would do to Garcia. The Desert Storm would beat him from pillar to post, completely embarrass him.
      Yeah but no sensible poster labels Bradley "average". He has been pound for pound for half a decade. He is still a barometer for all these guys, even if he is past his best. I think you are right Tim will probably beat Garcia, but definitely not easy, Garcia will have his moments and Bradley's tendency to swing will get him in trouble in certain points in the fight, I can see him eating some heavy counters, and maybe even hitting the deck. As I said Garcia is no pushover for anybody, apart from maybe Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        I think he's a fighter who is still on the upward curve in terms of improvement, and actually think he is underrated. He doesn't have any obvious flaws or weaknesses, I think Thurman, Brook, and Porter all do. I think Garcia and Spence are the most complete fighters at 147, although with Spence I am making a few assumptions because he hasn't yet fought at a high enough level, does that make them the best? Time will tell.

Garcia's problem is that he doesn't excel at anything, but that means two things, A. He never really shines, and everyone at the top level has at least moderate success against him. B. Flip side to that coin is he is exceptionally hard to beat, because as I said earlier he doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, he is good/very good at everything.
        This sums up my thoughts

Comment

No, Garcia isn't rated that highly to begin with by fans, maybe just a few. Didn't like him much at first, but he's grown on me.

Garcia got a gift decision, but his resume is decent for a fighter his age. He seems like a guy who js good all around, but not great in one area. Garcia does have a nice left hook though.

And he beat up Paulie, so Garcia will always have my respect.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
            No disrescpect to him but his 0 isnt even legit. Herrera kicked his ass and clearly won but danny got a gift there and everyone knows this, lamont peterson toyed with him in their fight even though you could say he gave some early rounds away. Now hes moved up to 147 and has looked even more average, it took him 9 rounds to finish way past it featherfisted paulie and it wasnt even a legit KO just a ref stoppage. He did good vs guerrero but also looked average and eveyone knows geurrero is past his best also. Does anyone seriously think this dude will be a top welterweight, he is so mediocre just being honest.
            DG barely even gets talked about these days, so no, he isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              whose resume isnt suspect to you? His overall resume is better than fighters who recieve far more hype on this site. I dont have to name names. you know who they are.

swift has a better resume than GGG, Terrance Crawford, another bolleyhooed guys
              Okie dokie then

Comment

I wondered this same thing after the Herrera fight, but truth is, he figures out ways to get all types of victories, which is a skill in itself.

Gomez and Garcia may be on a collision course late 2017, early 2018. Another chapter in the pr/mex rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                  Its the Rican thing

Ricans are always overrated and seem to always get extremely lucky

Cotto is the best example.

Garcia is decent, but he's not elite
                  Sometimes the star creates the fanbases, sometimes the fanbase creates stars.

They have a strong historic fanbase in which their stars can be inner changeable.

I don't think the media on a whole overrates them, but their fanbase naturally does.

I enjoy watching most pr fighters, it's some of their fanbase that has become difficult to tolerate.
                  Last edited by pvj; 05-14-2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

People have to think highly of a fighter to overrate them.

Danny Garcia isn't respected enough despite the greatest single accomplishment [kicking Lucas azz] among the modern welters.

His win over Amir is also good.
                    Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                    No disrescpect to him but his 0 isnt even legit. Herrera kicked his ass and clearly won but danny got a gift there and everyone knows this, lamont peterson toyed with him in their fight even though you could say he gave some early rounds away. Now hes moved up to 147 and has looked even more average, it took him 9 rounds to finish way past it featherfisted paulie and it wasnt even a legit KO just a ref stoppage. He did good vs guerrero but also looked average and eveyone knows geurrero is past his best also. Does anyone seriously think this dude will be a top welterweight, he is so mediocre just being honest.

Comment

Most overrated WW is Amir Khan ,Garcia is probably number 2. Swift and Khan-man have yet to be tested at WW.Garcia fighting Guerrero for a WW title was another joke on boxing fans.
                      The division as a whole needs some excitement. Thurman vs Porter looks like a good fight but the top guys don't fight enough or against other top guys. Spence looked like the real deal against Algieri but Chris has lost 3 of his last 4 and his best work was at 140. So Spence still needs to fight a legitimate WW.

Comment

Working...
                      X