Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are u NOT a boxer (not amateur or pro) but HAVE sparred before?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had one white collar white and have been boxing/sparring on and off for years.
    Some against novices and some against good amateurs with over 20-30 fights

To be honest i felt i had the talent to become a successful amateur but other things got in the way, now im 27 years old with 0 amateur fights. Now that i live in philippines (formely lived in england) I occasionally spar here, usually against former professionals.

Comment

Trained for 2 years about 10 years ago. I got.my ass kicked in there a few times, started to get a little better, but at that point it wasn't in me to train. I rememher countering a jab with a big left hook and literally feeling good about it for days. When you first get in there everything is moving so fast. When you get comfortable in there it truly starts being fun.

I think about going back sometimes. Im just too lazy to be about that life. Wish I would have done it as a young teen. By the time I gave it a shot I was already into drinking, smoking, etc. I used to go to practice after partying out the day before and I never stuck to my diet.

Looking back at it. I can't believe I used to spar without contacts. I can't see for **** without them. Maybe it would have helped lol

Comment

I work out and practice with a small group of amateur and professional boxers & muay thai/MMA guys twice a week and spar occasionally. I've been at it several years now but I started late and have no career ambitions.

But I absolutely love it (and it keeps me healthy).

I will definitely attest to the fact that if you practice it and are a bit more immersed in the sport- you definitely watch fights in a very different way.

It makes you humble and it also gives you a higher baseline appreciation for every single guy that steps through the ropes- including "no hopers" and such.

I imagine this is the case for all sports though!

Comment

Working...
        X