No announcement yet.

Sparring Results

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sparring Results

I had made a post before (and posted a link to the video) about me sparring and what not..and to be blunt about it, it was pretty terrible. Didn't throw many punches, none of them even landed, ect.. and a lot of it had to do with the fact that all the guys I was sparring were heavier than me by at least 1 weight class or more. My coaches have always said that I shouldn't let it make a difference in my performance, the basic concept was "no matter how big the person is even if you get intimidated and freeze up, there comes a point when you get hit enough and just start reacting and putting all your training together" and I admit I doubted that and planned to talk to my coaches about sparring only people close to my weight. Last Tuesday I figured I'd give it one more go with whoever they told me to spar, and I just started boxing, got hit with a light jab in the beginning and it just registered in my head "**** the weight difference, I can box this guy" and I did just that. no it wasn't perfect and I did get hit at times, but I did so much better, landed plenty of clean punches, foot work was good, overall it was just better.

Just wanted to share this I suppose. Everything my coaches had told me before this worked and provided results as training progressed, sometimes you just gotta listen even when you have some doubts.

i think I posted on your last thread, it's good to see that you're putting in some hard work!

it's great that you're improving. It's nice to see some forward movement these days, instead of seeing a constant nuthug war between boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by thatjamaicanguy View Post
      i think I posted on your last thread, it's good to see that you're putting in some hard work!

it's great that you're improving. It's nice to see some forward movement these days, instead of seeing a constant nuthug war between boxers.
      Thanks, it became a bit frustrating not being able to put together what I know and use it IN the ring when I should have been able to. So the improvement is really motivating to me now

Comment

That's awesome man!! Yeah, over the years the one thing that I've learned in the gym is that, when you feel like you're just outclasses, it's just a phase. Hard work'll pay off sooner or later. Keep it up.

Comment

you guys may enjoy such process,i feel scared/.

Comment

tomek adamek win with me

Comment

Working...
            X