Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Pacquiao be dropped from his #1 P4P spot if he loses to DLH?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Pacquiao be dropped from his #1 P4P spot if he loses to DLH?

I just thinking about this....

If he does lose it may depend HOW he loses to make an appropriate determination. If he lost a close decision would it be fair for him to lose his spot? Has anyone ever kept a #1 spot after losing?

This would also mean there is a chance that Calzaghe may reach #1 after all...

That should be his punishment for being greedy Imo.

Comment

Just think if Manny wins. I mean, damn..........

Comment

depends on how pacman loses...if it's via decision and he busts up de la hoya, I think he remains number 1..if he gets dominated though, it's a different story

Comment

I think he is being greedy, he must realise what hes doing! If he loses he shut drop a little IMO

Comment

If he did keep the #1 spot it would reaffirm to everyone what a joke this fight is. That somone can lose to a guy not even in the top 10 and still be #1 since everyone knew it was a mismatch to begin with.

Comment

It would be extremely rare (in my opinion) for THEE top p4p fighter to lose a fight and still remain as THEE top p4p fighter...

I view it damn near the same as a fight for paper ABC title...if you lose the fight you lose the title...

pretty simple.

Comment

He might, but I don't think he should.

I don't think Calzaghe should drop from his spot if he lost to a cruiserweight, or J.M.M. is he lost to a welter/jr. middle.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Italian View Post
                  It would be extremely rare (in my opinion) for THEE top p4p fighter to lose a fight and still remain as THEE top p4p fighter...

I view it damn near the same as a fight for paper ABC title...if you lose the fight you lose the title...

pretty simple.
                  Pretty sure Oscar jumped up to #1 after he lost to Trinidad...

What a weird situation that must have been.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                    Pretty sure Oscar jumped up to #1 after he lost to Trinidad...

What a weird situation that must have been.
                    Nah, they had Jones back at #1.

Comment

Working...
                    X