No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Fighter of the Year - Terrance Crawford

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev -- for dismantling and out boxing hopkins

pacquiao -- got the win over the highest ranked p4p fighter so should be in with a shout... and though many people slag Chris he beat provo fair and square and if pac had beat provo instead of chris (if provo had come through that one) Pac would be be a lock for top spot.

crawford -- did well dominated gamboa

ggg -- dominating wins over geale and rubio

brook -- did well v porter
    Last edited by Daddy T; 11-27-2014, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StillHereBro View Post
      Why because Lara struggled with Angulo? Cintron outboxed him easy in his prime. Canelo deserves FOTY for a rip off?
      I thought Canelo barely scraped by him. And I think Lara is an excellent fighter so it was an excellent win.

Comment

If Crawford dominates Beltran, he should be FOTY. If not, Pac will probably get it.

Comment

Few fighters did well, but none has done enough to be sure winner of the Fighter of the year.
          Might as well be ODLH for fighting back for his company.

Comment

I has to be Gonzalez or Crawford.

Comment

Manny is the FOTY, no way around it.

I wasn't overly impressed with his 2014 campain, but let's face it, beating Bradley (only win anyone had over a P4Per this year) and Algieri (yes, I get that it was a mismatch but Algieri was a title holder and world level guy) is better that anything anyone else has done.

Honourable mentions in order:

1) Canelo (would have been my FOTY had he added one more decent win, someone like Vanes would have done it).

2) Crawford (if he beats Beltran, he will be the only one with three wins over world level comp, but if you consider the circumstances, none of his wins are all that great).

3) Kovalev (one of the best wins of the year and little else).

4) Gonzalez (same as Kovalev).

5) GGG (Geale win was decent, Rubio win was OK, Adama was mediocre).

Comment

If Crawford beat Beltran, that's three top ten wins at 135 this year. The trend is to him.

After that, Kovalev is getting a lot love. If Inoue beats Narvaez, he deserves mention. I love me some Roman but if anyone at Fly should be considered for 2014 it's probably Ruenroeng.

Comment

Sergey Kovalev

Comment

To me its Pacquiao.

Fighter of the year should be based on quality of opposition and level of domination in that fight.

Pac fought 2 undefeated fighters with belts in their primes and at most lost 4 rounds against Bradley and 0 against Algieri. (I had Bradley winning 2 rounds against Pac)

Kovalev or Wlad should be #2

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                      Manny is the FOTY, no way around it.

I wasn't overly impressed with his 2014 campain, but let's face it, beating Bradley (only win anyone had over a P4Per this year) and Algieri (yes, I get that it was a mismatch but Algieri was a title holder and world level guy) is better that anything anyone else has done.

Honourable mentions in order:

1) Canelo (would have been my FOTY had he added one more decent win, someone like Vanes would have done it).

2) Crawford (if he beats Beltran, he will be the only one with three wins over world level comp, but if you consider the circumstances, none of his wins are all that great).

3) Kovalev (one of the best wins of the year and little else).

4) Gonzalez (same as Kovalev).

5) GGG (Geale win was decent, Rubio win was OK, Adama was mediocre).
                      Yeah I think that is a fair assessment.

I think GGG win over Adama was a little bit better than you've wrote it off for though.
                      Adama has been the only man to show some heart and a good enough chin to try and fight Golovkin, obviously it never paid off but he stood up to the hard challenge and took a lot of punishment for it.

Geale clearly was his best win but not even he was able to stay in long against him.

I'd change the order to -
                      1) Canelo
                      2) GGG
                      3) Crawford
                      4) Kovalev
                      5) Gonzalez

Comment

Working...
                      X