Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best skills no brain /best brain no skills

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent skills, excellent brain : the Klitschko brothers, Floyd Mayweather, Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis, Lennox Lewis, Guillermo Rigondeaux. ( I could give a longer list)

Excellent skills, average brain : Manny Pacquiao ( doesn't mean he wouldn't beat Floyd) , David Haye, Roy Jones, Joe Calzaghe, Naseem Hamed, Danny Garcia, Joe Frazier, Evander Holyfield, Yuriorkis Gamboa.

Excellent skills, poor brain : Mike Tyson.

Decent skills, good brain : George Foreman.

Decent skills, poor brain : Tyson Fury

Average skills, averag brain : Deontay Wilder ( his straight right is excellent though)

Comment

Skills but no brain -Khan has incredible tools at his disposal but almost no ring I.Q. Dawson and Judah are great examples too.

The other category is tricky. Tony Bellew seems really knowledgeable about boxing when he speaks but then he goes in the ring and fights like a bum at times.

I guess Nathan Cleverly might be another since he has a maths degree (lol) but average skill.

Juan Diaz is also a lawyer isn't he? But he's absolutely terrible in the ring..

Comment

Originally posted by Dagomba View Post
        I get that there were champions with less skills than others but a good skill set is the foundation to a great boxer. The bold part I don't think is true at all. Even if you don't think so, being like vasquez or Wladimir/Vitali takes a lot of skill to pull off. Like I said, Salido was in there with a guy with both better ring IQ and skills than him (Mikey) and he began to set his rhythm until the fight was stopped and that takes a lot of skill not just brains.
        Did David Diaz have a lot of skills? Does Isaac Hlatshwayo have a lot of skills? Maybe compared the Charlie Zelenoffs of the world but you have to set the bar pretty low. There are many fighters whom you never heard of who briefly held a world title, there's a difference between being a champion and being a great champion.

Comment

Skills
          Boxing iq
          Intangables- chin/punch resistance,shape/condition/

Talent-power,speed,athleticism
          Last edited by Jc8804; 08-26-2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            Did David Diaz have a lot of skills? Does Isaac Hlatshwayo have a lot of skills? Maybe compared the Charlie Zelenoffs of the world but you have to set the bar pretty low. There are many fighters whom you never heard of who briefly held a world title, there's a difference between being a champion and being a great champion.
            David Diaz sure didn't have "a lot of skills" but he was champion for a reason, Anyway I think the main point we were arguing is the fact that you say it doesn't take a lot of skill to be Salido or Vasquez which is false IMO.

Comment

Working...
            X