Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too obvious dude

Comment

Originally posted by Obayifo View Post
      How is this in favor of the point you're trying to make? It fits right into what I'm saying. Cotto wants the dough, GGG doesn't bring that. Canelo does. **** the belt, he wants the paper. He's at the very end of his career and deserves it. Aren't you guys always saying he's not a "real" MW champ anyway? So why should his "fake" belt even matter?
      "You guys"? Don't make assumptions and lump everyone in the same boat. Fact of the matter is Cotto is THE lineal middleweight champion of the world. If he doesn't want to fight middleweights then he should drop the belt (but he is fighting middleweights).

Fans should always want the best to fight the best, unifications and clarity in each division. Cotto deserves the paper? He's fought the biggest names in boxing in Mayweather and Pacquiao, he's made a fortune in boxing.

Comment

It's pretty simple to see if you simply look at the facts.

The truth is HBO has been pushing hard for a Cotto-Canelo showdown now that Canelo is back on contract with HBO. It's the fight that's worth a lot of money from PPV and gate sales alone. It's a classic PR vs Mexico, so it sells itself. But you know who else is contracted to HBO? GGG is.

Cotto is NOT afraid of GGG, this is stupid drivel spewed by obnoxious fanboys. However, it is a possibility that Cotto could lose to GGG, even though they are evenly matched in skill. In fact, I'd give the slight edge to Cotto for his ability to move and box. Cotto is proven at MW by beating the lineal champion, meanwhile GGG stays feasting at the bottom of the barrel for scraps. Anybody can show good power against bums. Golovkin literally brings nothing to the table in comparison to Canelo. Canelo has more paying fans and it's simply a better matchup. Beating Canelo would also PROVE more considering Canelo is much higher on the P4P list than GGG is. In fact, one could argue GGG doesn't even crack the top 20 P4P, while Canelo floats in the top 10.

Think about this for a second, if you were the head of HBO Sports, which fight would you clamor for? Do you really think HBO wants to push this fight compared to what they could get in a Canelo-Cotto matchup?

Think about it for a second and drop in and share your thoughts.
        nah i think HBO wants Canelo/GGG eventually, Cotto isn't really an "HBO" fighter as far as I know

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
          nah i think HBO wants Canelo/GGG eventually, Cotto isn't really an "HBO" fighter as far as I know
          He's with Arum so that means he's with HBO.

Comment

why do you guys bother with this troll account

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
              "You guys"? Don't make assumptions and lump everyone in the same boat. Fact of the matter is Cotto is THE lineal middleweight champion of the world. If he doesn't want to fight middleweights then he should drop the belt (but he is fighting middleweights).

Fans should always want the best to fight the best, unifications and clarity in each division. Cotto deserves the paper? He's fought the biggest names in boxing in Mayweather and Pacquiao, he's made a fortune in boxing.
              So, because he fought Pac and Floyd, he's no longer allowed to participate in big money fights? Listen, if it's already proven he doesn't care about the belt then why is it a concern to you? If he drops it he drops, if not too bad. Until the sanctioning bodies do something about it, Cotto is the MW champ of the world and HE CALLS THE SHOTS. It's that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Marlonr72 View Post
                How many ppv events has GGG headlined??
                How many ppv events has Geale headlined?? Is he more popular than GGG?

Comment

Nah, he's ducking. Everyone knows this, not hard to see. I don't blame him, seeing as Cotto has no business at middleweight. But, Cotto is trying to hold GGG's belt hostage, in order to merit a Mayweather rematch. If he's not going to defend against his mandatory, GGG, then he should accept the criticism that he is ducking.

Comment

So, because he fought Pac and Floyd, he's no longer allowed to participate in big money fights? Listen, if it's already proven he doesn't care about the belt then why is it a concern to you? If he drops it he drops, if not too bad. Until the sanctioning bodies do something about it, Cotto is the MW champ of the world and HE CALLS THE SHOTS. It's that simple.
                    I already explained why its my concern , I, like most boxing fans, want the best in each division to fight the best and unification fights. Pretty simple stuff here.

Golovkin is mandatory and the WBC says they will enforce it after Cotto's upcoming voluntary fight. If Cotto doesn't want to defend his belt against his mandatory and #1 middleweight, drop the belt.

As for the payday, I was replying to your statement that Cotto "deserves" a big money fight, as if implying he hasn't already made a ton or money in huge fights. A GGG fight wouldn't be for chump change either, it would be huge. Now, I have no problem with him fighting Canelo, that's his decision, but if decides to do so he'll either need to the belt or work out a deal with Golovkin prior since he's mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                      I already explained why its my concern , I, like most boxing fans, want the best in each division to fight the best and unification fights. Pretty simple stuff here.

Golovkin is mandatory and the WBC says they will enforce it after Cotto's upcoming voluntary fight. If Cotto doesn't want to defend his belt against his mandatory and #1 middleweight, drop the belt.

As for the payday, I was replying to your statement that Cotto "deserves" a big money fight, as if implying he hasn't already made a ton or money in huge fights. A GGG fight wouldn't be for chump change either, it would be huge. Now, I have no problem with him fighting Canelo, that's his decision, but if decides to do so he'll either need to the belt or work out a deal with Golovkin prior since he's mandatory.
                      I see your point of view and I agree for the most part. However, I disagree with the notion that Cotto is afraid of GGG. I find it very hard to believe that someone who has gone through as many wars as Cotto has is afraid of another boxer. I do hope that he'll fight either one in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                      X