• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BetterCallSaul View Post
    Alexander vs Matthysse

Alexander vs Kotelnik

Bradley vs Pacquaio

Lewis vs Holyfield

Froch would be crazy to travel to the states.
    Fair point.

But I have to say, as a Brit, we are fast gaining (and deserving) a rep for being partial to our own fighters.

The old joke used to be "you have to knock the guy out to get a draw in Germany". You can now replace Germany for the UK it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by trfcdan86 View Post
      Fair point.

But I have to say, as a Brit, we are fast gaining (and deserving) a rep for being partial to our own fighters.

The old joke used to be "you have to knock the guy out to get a draw in Germany". You can now replace Germany for the UK it seems.
      It's just a fact that the hometown fighter will get favours from the judges. It happens everywhere and is not exclusive to one country. If Devon Alexander was Burns last night, he'd have probably won 120-108 in St Louis.

Comment

Can't understand how so many people saw this fight so close. But the scoring of the second round is a good indicator of how people see a fight. Beltran controlled that round with precise shots while some of Burns wild swats connected. If you're looking for Burns to win, you look for any excuse to give him a round; hence, you give him rounds like the second.

I gave Burns 2 rounds definitely and 2 more just for being generous. 8-4 Beltran + the KD.

Comment

Bettors know what the deal is in hotspots like UK, Texas, Germany etc. Odds for Burns kept low throughout the fight even though his arse was getting roasted. Think people don't know what's cooking???????

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            44 press score cards and none for Burns. The world knows who won this fight. What a shameful robbery. Thanks for posting this. Beltran is the real champ and Burns should be just a contender now and not a champion. This is why Ward would be crazy to fight Froch in England.
            Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              44 press score cards and none for Burns. The world knows who won this fight. What a shameful robbery. Thanks for posting this. Beltran is the real champ and Burns should be just a contender now and not a champion. This is why Ward would be crazy to fight Froch in England.

beltran certainly won the fight, but burns at least won some rounds. froch only won two rounds against ward on my card, and ward had two broken knuckles. i'd like to see ward fight froch in england, simply because he's got zero leverage, and i don't think even the brits would have the stones to rob ward when he wins ten or eleven rounds.

Comment

So it confirms it was a close fight... but one that could go either way?
                a 44 card sweep.

Comment

115-112 Beltran was my ave score when adding up all the 44 press scores

Comment

Close fight my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                      Can't understand how so many people saw this fight so close. But the scoring of the second round is a good indicator of how people see a fight. Beltran controlled that round with precise shots while some of Burns wild swats connected. If you're looking for Burns to win, you look for any excuse to give him a round; hence, you give him rounds like the second.

I gave Burns 2 rounds definitely and 2 more just for being generous. 8-4 Beltran + the KD.
                      I'm dumbfounded that so many, even those who don't seem biased towards Burns, scored the 2nd for him. He got rocked, beaten up on the ropes, and did no work of note at any point.

It isn't amateur boxing where it's just about who lands more, and even then Beltran had the edge.
                      Last edited by Levity; 09-09-2013, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X