Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are any die hard xbox fans boycotting the new box?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Nah i'm not boycotting for a few reasons

1. Always on or whatever is not an issue for me, my 360 in on live 24/7 and i never had connection trouble

2. Backwards compatibility is again not an issue as i keep all my consoles

3. used games again not an issue as i only buy new games, paying $5 less for some cum stained manual and scratched disc is not worth it.

So no i'm not "boycotting" but that said it will need to have some good games to garner my interest

I am more loyal to microsoft as i like to support the western gaming industry rather than japan, but i'll get the ps4 first if it has the better games(ill get both long run anyway)
    What consoles do you have plugged up normally and which ones rot in your attic/basement?

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
      I never play original xbox games but that's because the advancements from the original xbox to the 360 were gargantuan, graphically and most likely the gameplay of these news games on the one don't look like that big a leap to me ,I doubt you'll even be able to tell the difference that much...

I think the ps3 games you have you'll be able to install and play aabitvyou won't be able to with the box

Last but not least I'm. Not moaning because I want to sell my box for cash I'm just not going to be finished with it and I don't want two big consoles sitting in my playing room ******o.
      Maybe I'm just old school because I never sell any of my systems when the new xbox comes out I'm going to put that in the main room and place the 360 in my kids room. And as far as the new ps word is it can't play ps3 games not sure on the used games yet

Comment

It's much worse than we previously thought im probably going to buy my first Sony console ever, at this point i hope nobody buys the XBONE and it gets d fk hacked out of it so this fk gamers approach blows up in their face big time.

Comment

Hahaha **** the c0ckbox.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
            It's much worse than we previously thought im probably going to buy my first Sony console ever, at this point i hope nobody buys the XBONE and it gets d fk hacked out of it so this fk gamers approach blows up in their face big time.
            you are going to buy your "first sony console ever"

and yet you feel so passionately about it you have that sony fanboy gif in your signature, on a boxing site, and seemingly post about it nonstop.

Totally believable tale, good sir.

Comment

you are going to buy your "first sony console ever"

and yet you feel so passionately about it you have that sony fanboy gif in your signature, on a boxing site, and seemingly post about it nonstop.

Totally believable tale, good sir.
              FK that **** get M$ balls out of your mouth all of you m$ apologist left which are about 2 are being made M$ b*tch im done with that, i was you a few weeks ago i defended them in my blog and youtube channel "lets wait til e3" i said it's not all clear i said my sig was a joke directed at their bomb reveal then,i never thought it all could actually literally be that bad and then they pull out this horse **** press release.

My Sig is more accurate than ever which i never thought would happen. I'm done defending a company who doesn't give a fk about it's consumers i hope you wake up too. If the people don't raise some hell they will just keep bending us over because we take it.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
                FK that **** get M$ balls out of your mouth all of you m$ apologist left which are about 2 are being made M$ b*tch im done with that, i was you a few weeks ago i defended them in my blog and youtube channel "lets wait til e3" i said it's not all clear i said my sig was a joke directed at their bomb reveal then,i never thought it all could actually literally be that bad and then they pull out this horse **** press release.

My Sig is more accurate than ever which i never thought would happen. I'm done defending a company who doesn't give a fk about it's consumers i hope you wake up too. If the people don't raise some hell they will just keep bending us over because we take it.
                Well why not wait until E3

Sony has confirmed nothing yet, how do you know that they aren't going to come out and say they have the exact same anti piracy measures.

If that doesn't happen, and you want a PS3 because you can't buy second hand games for an xox that's fine.

Me i'm going to wait for A) confirmation from sony and B) see what games are avaliable on each.

And BTW, "always online" and no second hand games has been how Steam has operated for the last 7 years, and it hasn't done them any harm at all. I remember all the fuss when Steam launched with Half Life 2, people saying they were going to boycott it and all that. Never happened.

some people need to just stop living in the 90's

Comment

And one more thing.

The no second hand games anti piracy stuff actually exists to benefit the games developers.

Now consider this, they know if they release games on PC via Steam, and Xbox One, they get all the profits from their product. PS4? It can be copied, preowned games will eat up 60% of their profit margins, they LOSE money.

This whole thing is a business, and Microsoft is making a move right now which the consumer is not too happy about, but the developers, the people who MAKE the games are going to love, and at the end of the day, people buy the consoles for the games. This is a business, it's about making $$$.

People aren't thinking about this.

Devs could easily realise that PS4 is going to be a drain on their profits, opening up their product to piracy, and shun the console. All it would take is say a Bethesda and a Rockstar to realise this, announce the next GTA's, Red Deads, Fallouts and Elder scrolls as Xbox/PC exclusives, and Sony would be out of the market.

Don't call time on this whole thing yet, i'm going to see how all this unfolds because things could get very interesting here

Comment

And one more thing.

The no second hand games anti piracy stuff actually exists to benefit the games developers.

Now consider this, they know if they release games on PC via Steam, and Xbox One, they get all the profits from their product. PS4? It can be copied, preowned games will eat up 60% of their profit margins, they LOSE money.

This whole thing is a business, and Microsoft is making a move right now which the consumer is not too happy about, but the developers, the people who MAKE the games are going to love, and at the end of the day, people buy the consoles for the games. This is a business, it's about making $$$.

People aren't thinking about this.

Devs could easily realise that PS4 is going to be a drain on their profits, opening up their product to piracy, and shun the console. All it would take is say a Bethesda and a Rockstar to realise this, announce the next GTA's, Red Deads, Fallouts and Elder scrolls as Xbox/PC exclusives, and Sony would be out of the market.

Don't call time on this whole thing yet, i'm going to see how all this unfolds because things could get very interesting here

Ok that's the regurgitated M$ argument i have been hearing the problem is gamestop etc. Its for the developer we just built the infra structure for them to fk you if they wish. Most my games i buy at the ridiculously already over priced tag if the problem is Gamestop M$ is already saying they are going to have digital sales, why cant the Publishers cut be done from that. PS4 isn't going to be a drag because people are actually going to BUY IT remember the thing that drives the market? what was that oh SALES, it's just blatant contempt for the Gamers you want my money after i pay 60 bucks for a game how about create some DLC or something that keeps me coming back for more what you are describing is just a lazy blatant money grubbing technique.

But i must say that is secondary to my biggest beef If you stop and look at it for one second you can see it's just disrespectful 24hour check in DRM, it is ok for me wont affect me 99% of the time like many people say to defend it but im not such a fking ahole to think i'm the only person in the world. Just because i do have internet 90% of the time during my life i travel over seas once or twice a year if that and im too busy doing **** to actually play xbox, but what about rural areas or people with no internet that's my major beef with microsoft what about my Uncle who's a Marine over seas all he fking does ironically enough during his R.R is play shooters on the damn 360! THe xbox one will be a black brick to them. And to respond to your Steam comment that is PC GAMING and even they only check once a week on your **** who the fk said it was a good idea to give up all the convenience of Conosoles might as well just exclusively PC game then.

And mark my words the xbox one is going to be one of the most hacked consoles of all time. If when i went to buy my car they would have told me "oh and you have to bring it back once a month to make sure all the parts are ford or it wont start, and you cant sell it to anyone or lend it to your friends" wtf would you do? You would tell em to shove their car up their azz just like i would so why take it from this guys?

If your argument is oh but the Ps4 might do it too or they will bomb because they dont do it, trust me that is a very weak argument and if they do do it too and you are right that doesn't mean we have to conform to it either is just as fkd up coming from M$ or Sony.
                    Last edited by DannYankee; 06-07-2013, 07:40 AM.

Comment

I just can't. Die hard XBOT here. I;ll miss the Halo franchise. I will be getting both systems, though.

Comment

Working...
                      X