Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Cotto (2007) vs Ricky Hatton (2007), who wins at 147 lbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto pre-Margarito would've destroyed a prime pre-Mayweather Hatton at 147.

Now at 140...well, there's no way Cotto makes 140 without being drained considerably so Hatton would win there.

On a side note, I think today's Khan would beat Hatton at 140, and lose to Cotto at 147. Marquez (today) would also win a wide UD against Hatton at 140. I like Ricky, I really do, he was great for British boxing and boxing in general, but the man was overrated...quite.

Comment

cotto would've killed him

Comment

Cotto wins by KO at 147

Hatton wins by KO at 140

Comment

at 147 cotto definitely beats him by midround stoppage

at 140 it could go either way...cotto was called a brawler back then but he really wasnt, he just liked to trade more. cotto was drained at the weight so his chin didnt always hold up well against heavy handed fighters...

Comment

Where's the 'Craig Bellamy KOs both' option?

Comment

Originally posted by MELLY-MEL... View Post
              cotto would give ricky a pretty brutal beating at 47 imo.
              This Cotto KO.

Comment

Cotto wins @ 140 and 147 but if Hatton snorts a couple of lines, I'll take Hatton by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                  Cotto takes him out in the mid rounds. At 140, Hatton stops him, I'm that certain.
                  ^^ This is how I think it is.

Comment

47 cotto stops him easily

cotto gets off the canvas at 40 to win a ud or perhaps a late stoppage depending on the amount of holding allowed, the location (cotto might box if the fight was in new york and had a lead whereas if it was overseas he'd probably push for a stoppage)

however, in hattons backyard with the right ref and judges i could see hatton getting a decision at 140. he was stellar in his prime and is becoming underrated because of his two losses to the current p4p kings

rough ugly fight with cuts and clashes of heads at 140

at 47 i think its a blowout
                    hatton on the ropes or in a corner getting blasted out in mid rounds
                    Last edited by New England; 10-17-2010, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Cotto by KO

Comment

Working...
                      X