No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko Now Targets The WBC World Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    Wlad has fought twelve times since 2008. Eight of those fights have been against Ring top ten fighters. That sounds pretty consistent to me.
    2008 is 6 years ago. Only 2 of his last 5 fights have been against top 10 opponents, and one of them was old Tony Thompson (#9?) who he had already beaten via KO. Moreover, both were mandatories forced by the sanctioning bodies and he even got an extension for one of them.

Wlad has fought Pianeta, Thompson, Wach, Povetkin and now he's fighting Leapai.

This is the equivalent of Mayweather fighting Lee Purdy, Randall Bailey, Soto Karass, D.Alexander and now Jessie Vargas.

If Floyd did that there would be hell to pay but with Wlad, nobody bats an eyelid and unlike WW division where the belts are spread out, Wlad is holding all the belts so no one else can make any money and put big title fights on matching up the best fighters.
    Last edited by Weebler I; 12-21-2013, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      2008 is 6 years ago. Only 2 of his last 5 fights have been against top 10 opponents, and one of them was old Tony Thompson (#9?) who he had already beaten via KO. Moreover, both were mandatories forced by the sanctioning bodies and he even got an extension for one of them.

This is the equivalent of Mayweather fighting Lee Purdy, Randall Bailey, Soto Karass, D.Alexander and now Jessie Vargas.

If Floyd did that there would be hell to pay but with Wlad, nobody bats an eyelid and unlike WW division where the belts are spread out, Wlad is holding all the belts so no one else can make any money and put big title fights on matching up the best fighters.
      povetin and haye were the two best in the division and he schooled them far better than any floyd mayweather match.

Plus Wlad doesnt weight drain people....

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
        When Wilder grabs the WBC he will gladly take Wlads belts
        He'd probably first have to get passed Stiverne, which I dont see happening.

Comment

Imo it's not right that Wlad holds 4 of the major belts in boxing and defends them against the likes of Mormeck, Wach, Pianeta. They're talking about Leapai next. It's a bit of a joke from what is essentially the No.1 fighter in the sport.

If you're holding that many belts at the pinnacle of the sport, then defend them properly. Consistently fight guys in the the division's top 10, preferably the upper half. Otherwise, vacate a couple of belts and give other fighters a chance to defend them properly.
          Yeah but the problem is he has to fight the mandos that having all those belts entail, ie sometimes fights will come up that noone wants to see like Thompson 2 and Leapia. Like him or loath him Wlad clearly seeked out the best of the best during his title holding career bar Mormech, Wach and Pianeta. Wlad didn't have to unify with Ibragimov, Chagaev, Haye etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
            please get that belt, Wlad!
            for all the whining about HW boxing, at least there's a real champ
            Wlad's been the boss for yrs and has fought all challengers
            there will be a whole separate HW division if the WBC is fractured
            nobody will go anywhere near Wlad again
            whoever ends up with that belt better fight Wlad immediately
            don't want anymore fake, Povetkin-esque "title reigns"
            You'll be looking at 12 months at least before we see a unification fight between Wlad and the new WBC winner. And that's assuming the new WBC champ is able to keep his title for a year without getting exposed which is likely to happen. I suspect we'll see the WBC belt change hands at least 3 times before a unification fight happens.

In fairness you can't really expect the new WBC 'champ' to unify early. It clearly would be awful business sense despite obviously being great for the fans.

Comment

lmao brutal truth

Comment

Please don't get me wrong because I am not trying to justify Wlad fighting Wach or his next opponent. My point is that you all act as if Wlad invented this stuff. When in reality it has always been a pretty common occurrence with fighters with multiple title defenses. He also just beat the consensus number one heavyweight what was it, ten weeks ago. I also don't believe Floyd is a very good choice for you trying to prove your point. And this is why.

Floyd holds three belts in two different weight divisions and he averages 1.1 fights a year. Floyd sits and waits for super fights while just about all of the thirty fighters that are in those three alphabet top tens will never get a chance to fight Floyd. Why? Because regardless of how good they may or may not be he will never fight them. Why? Because its beneath not to be in a super fight.

He is also such a cash cow that there is no push for mandatory fights. Simply because the alphabet boys want the huge sanctioning fees that come along with every Floyd fight. One more point and I am done, promise.

Do you honestly believe that if Floyd fought on a regular basis, say three or four times a year, that all his opponents would be Ring top ten and deserving opponents. I don't, simply because I don't believe it would be possible to do so.

Comment

all the belt holders from Garcia to froch to Floyd to ward

all fight ranked opponents

wlad however seems to think he is above any top 10 rated fighter

its time he gave the likes of pulev, fury, chisora etc.. a shot

Tony Thompson didn't deserve a rematch, once was enough

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                    all the belt holders from Garcia to froch to Floyd to ward

all fight ranked opponents

wlad however seems to think he is above any top 10 rated fighter

its time he gave the likes of pulev, (19 fights) fury,(21 fights) chisora (19 fights)etc.. a shot

These guys are really knocking the door down....

Tony Thompson didn't deserve a rematch, once was enough
                    He took part and won the mando didn't he?

Comment

its time he gave the likes of pulev, fury, chisora etc.. a shot
                      Translation: "WHY DOESN'T WLAD FIGHT THESE GUYS WHO JUST POPPED UP IN SOME RANKING TOPLIST 5 MINUTES AGO? WLAD'S SUCH A LOSER."

FrankieBruno, Wlad was scheduled to fight Chisora back then when Chisora was still unbeaten. And then complainers shouted "Why does Wlad fight this bum Chisora?"

Now that Chisora has 4 losses on his record you complain about Wlad not having fought him already. Ridiculous.

I hoped times like Ali's era would never return, where the multiple belt holder fights bums after bums and greens after greens, but obviously fans want it that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X