Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

name 5 fighters roach developed into champs early on before titles or top 10 ranking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how long Rigondeaux worked with Roach?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Roach resurrected toney's career at cruiser

Took chavez jr to a middlewieght paper title

Over the years morphed manny from a jab,jab, straight left fighter into a well rounded polished fighter and really developed his right hand which was sorely lacking during his 122,126 days

Revitalized a seemingly washed up cotto... Did anyone think cotto had anything left after the lackluster performance vs trout... Roach has cotto fighting like its 2007 again..

Those are the things that stand out about roach to me... I think he is a great trainer..

I think one of the reasons he hasn't guided many young guys is because he is a hired gun in boxing and is always being recruited to work with high profile fighters like tyson, Oscar, toney, etc... Just more money involed when your dealing with big name fighters

At this point money shouldn't be an issue

I think the only one from scratch sr had is Jr

Roger had laila Ali

Hunter/ward

Dundee/ Ali, Luis Rodriguez

Steward -mcllellan, hearns n others

All including roach are great trainers never thought a ? Could invoke so much emotions from fans

Comment

He taught rigo everything he knows.

Roach school of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post

Over the years morphed manny from a jab,jab, straight left fighter into a well rounded polished fighter and really developed his right hand which was sorely lacking during his 122,126 days
          roach polished off pac but he was also the one who made pac a jab-cross fighter.

pre roach pac bombed away with both hands hook, overhand, uppercut not just straights.

roach made him a simple jab-cross fighter to make him less wild, less open.

Comment

Originally posted by Tay Roc View Post
            He taught rigo everything he knows.

Roach school of boxing.
            Please don't comment on any thread related to boxing again!

Comment

I think most high profile trainers only have a handful of fighters that they focus on through their careers. The only exception to this as of late is Nacho. Dude can't have a normal life without boxing which is great but at the same time kind of sad knowing that his days are coming to an end.

Comment

Ruslan Provodnikov
                Amir Khan
                Raymundo Beltran

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  Roach I'd a helluva a trainer, I give him props n he reestablished one of my all time favs in James toney....even had Izzy Vazquez I think he was with roach early or Rudy Perez

Seriously I was thinking about this for about a day

Why does it seem the PAC fans are offended?
                  their not offended because u brought up roach. their offended because of ur stupidity. have a good day now.

p.s. i aint mad at'cha

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                    Ruslan Provodnikov
                    Amir Khan
                    Raymundo Beltran
                    I dunno the history behind Prov or Beltran so much but he never took AMir from scratch to world title lol

Now, back to the TS, how many great trainers can you name who took fighters from scratch? Most "great" trainers have been hired guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
                      their not offended because u brought up roach. their offended because of ur stupidity. have a good day now.

p.s. i aint mad at'cha
                      riiight....I'm stupid but u or no one else answered my question

Sound like butt hurt fans... No one is insulting anyone except you

Its OK....cause no one can even name one top fighter he started with early on...I'll keep being stupid

Comment

Working...
                      X