Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach: HBO Has To Make a Golovkin Fight Worth it For Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both are good fights especially the Canelo fight so long as he defeats Lara. The haters will be out in force regardless of who Cotto fights or doesnt fight anyhow. If he fights Canelo which would be a much bigger monetary fight for both fighters, the GGG fanboys would say he's ducking him. If he fights GGG the Canelo fanboys would say he's ducking him.

Now if I were in Cotto's shoes I'd be looking for a Showdown with Canelo so long as he beats Lara. Where the Cotto/GGG is a great fight, the Cotto/Canelo fight is also a fight fight as well but its more of an event that will also bring both fighters much more money.

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughts View Post
      thanks for these laughs

what is funny about cotto getting f#cking annihilated by a MW who still has a pulse?

Comment

Fighting Golovkin would be career suicide for Cotto at this point who has revived his career. He should focus on the winner of the Lara/Canelo fight or a possible Mayweather rematch. Those are the only two good fights left for him at this stage of his career.

Comment

PR fans have lost a ton of my respect in the last week. obviously there are solid PR fans and posters, but the bulk of them are just fanboys.

Comment

Who has GGG beaten that is better than Cotto? I don't get this hype about a fighter who has never really fought anyone. I have seen GGG and, yeah, he looks technically sound; he's passed of a couple of quizzes, but can he passed the midterm or the final exam?

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
              Who has GGG beaten that is better than Cotto? I don't get this hype about a fighter who has never really fought anyone. I have seen GGG and, yeah, he looks technically sound; he's passed of a couple of quizzes, but can he passed the midterm or the final exam?
              Let's see how he does with Geale. I say Geale is a good exam for him and if he gets past Geale then he is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
                Let's see how he does with Geale. I say Geale is a good exam for him and if he gets past Geale then he is the real deal.
                Geale is not very good

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  PR fans have lost a ton of my respect in the last week. obviously there are solid PR fans and posters, but the bulk of them are just fanboys.
                  They've always been like that. But cotto is by far the greatest fighter they've had to root fir since Trinidad so there's that.

Comment

what is funny about cotto getting f#cking annihilated by a MW who still has a pulse?
                    Please tell me a top 30 fighter GGG has beat?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Geale is not very good
                      Top 5 MW.

He beat Sturm in Germany.

He's solid. He probably beats the Martinez that Cotto beat up.

Comment

Working...
                      X